SS Build up

This is a discussion on SS Build up within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Looking to do a head and cam package on a 99 SS . It is not a daily driver but ...

New Jersey

Sebring Silver
    99 Camaro SS

SS Build up

Looking to do a head and cam package on a 99 SS . It is not a daily driver but I do like to cruise around in it and also looking for the most power out of it . What's the best combo ?

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Dallas, TX

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

post up in the internal engine section, and you will get replies. what you are asking is to vague. what are your goals/plans with your car? you say it's not a DD, so is it a weekend warrior, trailer queen, you want street or strip power? you need to figure out what you want first....

i can suggest a good all around cam is a 224, good under the power curve type of cam. it's not a peak number power cam. heads, depends on the amount of money you care to spend. to get the full potiental of a heads/cam you will need an Ls6 intake and longtube headers and a good cat-back. in other words other bolt-ons to truly enjoy a head/cam package...
    2000 SS - The Wicked Witch: °°Cammed 'n Slammed°° 458rwhp/410rwtq
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30
    I was hoping to just hump her up the exhaust cause she is so damn sexy....
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Thread Information