Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So it Begins

This is a discussion on So it Begins within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; After 24 hours and about 100 miles, I gotta say, this is great. The car has lost no drivability around ...

Black
    2000 Z28

After 24 hours

After 24 hours and about 100 miles, I gotta say, this is great. The car has lost no drivability around town, from stop light to stop light. I even took it over to a friend's place with a stone driveway, and I had no problem putting around on the driveway or pulling out.

When you're out on the highway, WOW. There is so much power, and it is so smooth, and that big torque curve is amazing between 3-6000. I will say that the first to second shift if on you in a friggen blink now. Not that this is a bad thing.

The exhaust sounds fantastic, and there's no drone, and if you don't want the noise, it is easily overcome by the radio with the windows up. Not only that, but the car looks better with those big shiny magnaflow tips over the dull rectangular stock nonsense.

I have a 300ZX TT also, that two days ago I wouldn't really have a preference which I'd drive, that or the camaro. Now... I will probably sell the 300, because now it will just feel slow, and the torque difference will be really noticable, especailly < 3000 before the turbos fully spool.

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

Congrats on the new setup! Man, I bet you've been grinning ear-to-ear!

Larry Dingleberry Racing

Black
    1998 Trans Am

yup congrats man i've been wanting to put a cam ud pulley and dyno tune mine but gotta pay for some school first so congrats on it

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Congrats on the nice results! You put together a well planned setup and it appears that the mods do a great job complimenting one another. I think you will see a nice climb in the peak numbers with a LS6 or FAST intake. If you're planning to do a head swap in the future, might as well start saving for the FAST as well.
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.

1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

Black
    2000 Z28

Well, if I'm going to do the heads and intake, then I also need to do injectors and a clutch, and if I intend to launch hard, the rear is going to be an issue too.

As is, I'll need a clutch before much else. When I'm hard on it in first, it slips once I'm into the 4000 rpm range, and I haven't even tried a decent launch yet. I have not so great tires on there now too, and it won't pass inspection with them on there, so I'll need tires. I'm thinking of getting wheels too.

Its not really a save up thing. Its a where do I want to spend my money. I've also got a 300zx twin turbo that needs some TLC...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information