Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Sarge look at this please (oil)

I have been reading about these filter setups. what do you think about them?
    btw i have a power stroke 7.3 and i drive about 300 miles a day. changing 3.1/2 gallons every 2 weeks sucks!
    http://www.fs2500filter.com/
    http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/...ad.php?t=33632

Post By-Pass set ups...

By-Pass oil units. These are popular in Semi Trucks and often come standard as factory equipment. A friend of mine works for a national trucking company and they do 30k-mile oil changes with conventional diesel oil and by-pass set-ups. And they have contemplated trying 60k-mile oil changes with a synthetic blend.

Find a good By-Pass set-up and change that oil less often for sure.

CompSyn

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    I have been reading about these filter setups. what do you think about them?
    btw i have a power stroke 7.3 and i drive about 300 miles a day. changing 3.1/2 gallons every 2 weeks sucks!
    http://www.fs2500filter.com/
    http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/...ad.php?t=33632
    300 miles a day? must be nice, I'm doing over 600 a day lol.
    we run a fleet of Volvos and change ours every 25,000-30,000 miles. I will never say you can change your oil too often, but, you my man must be killing your wallet on oil.
    like Comp said, I'd look into switching over to synthetic and spread you change intervels out

SOM
    2002 WS6

I have an oil bypass on my semi. I go 50xxx-55xxx between oil changes. I send a sample in for analysis and receive a text msg as to if i need an oil change or not.They are worth their weight in gold.My .02

Tan
    2002 GMC Yukon

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    I will never say you can change your oil too often, but, you my man must be killing your wallet on oil.
    You most certainly can change it too often. Studies have shown the theory of changing too often, waiting for that filter to fill with and system to prime, adds wear. You can unplug the igntion and crank to build pressure, but most people probably don't.

Agreed on the by-pass filters, get one. And yes, TP adapters do work. They are submicronic.

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

well the problem with my 7.3 powerstroke is that when my oil gets a little dirty my injectors will start acting up, since they run off the high pressure oil pump. i can feel my truck acting deferent when its time to change. i need to rebuild my injectors soon myby that will help along with this filter

dark red
    1997 7.3 f250

lol I hate to reply to such an old thread, but have you tried changing the oil in the upper reservoir? its right under the powerstroke cover, powerstrokehelp.com has many videos on powerstrokes, the one you're looking for is titled injector tune up or somthing along those lines
    as for oil itself, I use Schaeffers and my UOA said it was good to extend to 9000 from 7000, the only other oil I can recommend to use with extended intervals is amsoil.

when oil changes are $70+, extended intervals are the way to go, and the FS2500 will greatly increase your intervals, amsoil claims you can go 3x OEM recommended, which makes it 15k alone, not to mention if you added the FS2500 you might end up one day going 40k on schaeffers/amsoil using oil analysis

Thread Information