Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Royal purple

This is a discussion on Royal purple within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 402 Guru Dude don't be a hater let me put my hater blockers on there we go ...

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 402 Guru View Post
    Dude don't be a hater let me put my hater blockers on there we go you're gone. What was that you like buying foreign products so you can help obama make are country in an even more of a recession you have to think about our kids not your own selfish needs. if everybody bought usa made products then we would have more jobs and the best oils in the world are formulated from scratch from racing applications to daily drivers it all depends on your application and what they put in it . If you cant take the heat trans am 1973 then stay outta the kitchen
    haha "cant take the heat stay outta the kitchen?" are you for real. I never stated what oil I use anyway so how can you assume that I buy foreign products? And just so you know I have full Amsoil fluids in my T/A......so much for foreign huh??? Selfish needs???? Listen to yourself......honestly you are 100% wrong about RP. It has crap UOA,volatility,and wear results.. Do the research its all there on paper. But in all honesty go ahead and keep putting RP in you engine sir, it will be good for you.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    u can switch to synthetic but u have to use synthetic for now on......thats the only "problem" you will have if you change to synthetic.....
    i run penzoil platinum personally.....
    Total bullshit

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

I have never used RP but after I did some research I found it is not better than any other full synth oil. They just have a larger promotional budget.

And off topic how.... 402 how many times are you going to use the word "are" where "our" should be used. No bashing you just drives me crazy to see that.

Red
    02 Trans Am T-tops M6

Royal Purple is good stuff to use and while goat e over here changes/edits his posts every 5 minutes and puts it in colors just to explain hes a troll its hilarious, i will continue to use royal purple and i will not stand for people bashing a good product so anyways i never sayed its an oil that lasts over 3k miles if you drive your car like it was designed its a no brainer that it will be out of use sooner than your regular service interval. Some of the stuff you guys say makes me laugh keep up the good work

white
    2000 Z28

Amsoil. Check out compsyn's profile. He has a link to their site.quick delivery an I like buying in bulk

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Everyone needs to take a chill pill and keep this on topic and knock off the nonsense. The topic is royal purple. Either talk about royal purple or don't even bother posting.

Red
    98 Trans Am

I for one have used Royal purple and other than not being able to tell wether my oil was dirty or just "purple" my car ran fine. Ive been kinda bad and had a few different kinds of synthetics in my car and nothing realy to report. I worked at an Oil Change for a year and a half and after a while i just ran either Castrol Syntec, Mobil 1, or Pennzoil Platinum(mostly cause i got it for free hehe, perks of the job) Ive even gone as far as testing mixing half and half of Mobil and Castrol together. My cars a bit of a ginny pig. I changed the oil at 3000 and not much to report. I drive it on the highway, dragstrip it, and even autocrossed once or twice. Oilwise its clean. Motor runs like a champ. As for Royal Purple, I didnt notice any of the claims of HP or miles per gallon (i think thats BS) but theres somthing that bugs me about an oil thats "purple" while all the other regular Synthetics Engine oils out there are a normal looking caramel looking color. Even AMSoil. To each his own but something just tells me (and not just this forum) to stay away from Royal Purple.
    Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 12-06-2009 at 07:49 PM.
    Turbo build 99.9% complete

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Everyone needs to take a chill pill and keep this on topic and knock off the nonsense. The topic is royal purple. Either talk about royal purple or don't even bother posting.
    See! im chill

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    Total bullshit
    how so? the only problems ive ever heard about synthetic is that once you use synthetic if you go back to regular oil you have problems.....educate me

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

:\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Dabom75 View Post
    I have never used RP but after I did some

And off topic how.... 402 how many times are you going to use the word "are" where "our" should be used. No bashing you just drives me crazy to see that.
    HAHAHA. I wanted to say the exact same thing.

The Slow and the Broke ImportIntimidator's Avatar

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 402 Guru View Post
    Royal purple was designed from scratch for the aluminum blocks with iron liners.I have been running it in my muscle car since day 1 it came out and it contains all the additives formulated specifically for are engines some people are just haters and would rather buy foreign oil . I like to keep the money in america where are people need the money

...wow where to begin on this one. First off, there are several good American Synthetics... so that's a non issue. Next, while I applaud you for sticking to a product you've used and swear by, I think you should do a little oil research. RP Purple does have a more hefty add pack than most especially in Phosphorus levels. This acts as a cleaning agent in the engine. However, there is far more to the story when it comes to oil. flow/wear #s/ etc... Used Oil Analysis gives the best total picture in my opinion. And if you put RP up against almost any synthetic it doesn't look good. Give Amsoil (a site sponsor) a shot and you'll notice a difference. Me? I prefer Pennzoil Platinum 10W-30, one of the few budget oils that competes with the top of the line stuff like Amsoil and such. Best advice though is to play around. Idk about you but I enjoy tinkering with things trying to find what works best for my application. And heck if you really want to go all out start mixing oils to find an ultimate combination.

Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

Ah yeah, that's the stuff right there. Good hard statistical data. I was gonna provide the same but I was running out the door to go to work.
    This is the test that I found that convinced me that Amsoil was going to be my choice.
    http://www.performanceoilnews.com/oi...nst_oils.shtml
    It was the most independent test I could find. #1-Amsoil #7-Royal Purple
    Last edited by Goat-E; 12-07-2009 at 03:38 AM.

Tan
    2002 GMC Yukon

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    but theres somthing that bugs me about an oil thats "purple" while all the other regular Synthetics Engine oils out there are a normal looking caramel looking color. Even AMSoil. To each his own but something just tells me (and not just this forum) to stay away from Royal Purple.
    The normal carmel color is the dye additive. So is the purple.

white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

Thanks everybody for the advice, opinions, and input. Ive decided to stick with the RP. I also went with the K&N oil filter also a first time for my car, does the extra 6 bucks for it show a differnce, or am i just payin for the name.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ImportIntimidator View Post
    ...wow where to begin on this one. First off, there are several good American Synthetics... so that's a non issue. Next, while I applaud you for sticking to a product you've used and swear by, I think you should do a little oil research. RP Purple does have a more hefty add pack than most especially in Phosphorus levels. This acts as a cleaning agent in the engine. However, there is far more to the story when it comes to oil. flow/wear #s/ etc... Used Oil Analysis gives the best total picture in my opinion. And if you put RP up against almost any synthetic it doesn't look good. Give Amsoil (a site sponsor) a shot and you'll notice a difference. Me? I prefer Pennzoil Platinum 10W-30, one of the few budget oils that competes with the top of the line stuff like Amsoil and such. Best advice though is to play around. Idk about you but I enjoy tinkering with things trying to find what works best for my application. And heck if you really want to go all out start mixing oils to find an ultimate combination.
    good input...But,...I would suggest against mixing oils. The problem is that when you start to mix oils, you are mixing add packs. With this, there is the potential for your chemistry to cancel itself out. This can end up making the add packs not as strong and not function as they were intended.

Red
    02 Trans Am T-tops M6

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    good input...But,...I would suggest against mixing oils. The problem is that when you start to mix oils, you are mixing add packs. With this, there is the potential for your chemistry to cancel itself out. This can end up making the add packs not as strong and not function as they were intended.
    I mix my own oil in my 9 second Gto and As long as you know what you are doing and have profesional training in that field there is no problem with mixing your own oils , when you know what is in the oil the chemistry ( basic chemistry 101) will provide all the reactions you will have with a controled study for example taking oil temp's at 300 degrees and taking the oil in 20 degree increments to see what the oil is doing , and how it reacts to other oils it is very cost efficient and you can do it on a electric burner is you dont have a bunsen burner .With the k and n filters they perform well but in a cost effective and well built i like the Purolators oil filter they have an anti drain back valves that are well built and all other parts wih them, check this out and you will see http://www.corolland.com/oil-filters.html
    Last edited by 402 Guru; 12-07-2009 at 08:38 AM.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Goat-E View Post
    Ah yeah, that's the stuff right there. Good hard statistical data. I was gonna provide the same but I was running out the door to go to work.
    This is the test that I found that convinced me that Amsoil was going to be my choice.
    http://www.performanceoilnews.com/oi...nst_oils.shtml
    It was the most independent test I could find. #1-Amsoil #7-Royal Purple
    Yup I started thinking about the lawsuit against RP and figured I'd post up the test data.. I can't fully remember what the lawsuit was about but it had to do with the false claims they made about adding power and so forth. Don't quote me but I believe our resident oil guru posted a thread about it..

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by izzhemp View Post
    Thanks everybody for the advice, opinions, and input. Ive decided to stick with the RP. I also went with the K&N oil filter also a first time for my car, does the extra 6 bucks for it show a differnce, or am i just payin for the name.

Here's a filter thread with lots of good info: Oil Filters

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information