Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 62

Roller rocker question

This is a discussion on Roller rocker question within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by nhraformula i cam post dyno graphs of big cams on stock rockers making more power. hell, just ...

  1. #21
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    i cam post dyno graphs of big cams on stock rockers making more power.
    hell, just go to ls1tech.
    this only means you missed the point of the whole comparison.

  2. #22
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    48
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    this only means you missed the point of the whole comparison.
    no i didnt miss the point.
    you can make more power for cheaper on stocker rocker arms.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

  3. #23
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    no i didnt miss the point.
    you can make more power for cheaper on stocker rocker arms.
    and the only response is always money.

  4. #24
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    48
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    and the only response is always money.
    because aftermarket rockers are a waste of money.
    as you know there are plenty of 10-9 second cars on stock rockers.

    lets see, cam kit of a persons choice can be had for about $700 and make atleast 30 rwhp up to 60 rwhp and still be streetable.
    vinnci roller rockers for example are $670 for about 15 rwhp max and 1.8 rockers tie a persons hand from getting a higher lift cam.

    ever notice how the fastest ls1 cars around never have 1.8 or higher rockers arms??
    if i can save a guy from making the mistake of getting rockers like i did, ill post this arguement every time.

  5. #25
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    48
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    and the only response is always money.

    funny thing is, you know that 1.8 rockers will tie a persons hand with cam choice, yet you wont fess up to it because you have a need to plug vincci.
    your totally biased with vinci because they gave you free parts and such and never give out info about other companies products.
    Last edited by nhraformula; 09-08-2007 at 10:36 PM.

  6. #26
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    funny thing is, you know that 1.8 rockers will tie a persons hand with cam choice, yet you wont fess up to it because you have a need to plug vincci.
    what's funny is you buy into the you can't use higher ratio rocker arms because it limits your cam choices thought.

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    your totally biased with vinci because they gave you free parts and such and never give out info about other companies products.
    free? i wish my bank account could agree with you. oops, i take it back. i did get their carbon fiber lid and MAF ends for free a little over two years ago.

    yep. you got me. i NEVER give out info about other companies.

    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...cam#post899663
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...cam#post857817
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...cam#post797284
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...cam#post295300

  7. #27
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    because aftermarket rockers are a waste of money.
    as you know there are plenty of 10-9 second cars on stock rockers.
    there are plenty of 10-9 second cars running full roller rockers as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    lets see, cam kit of a persons choice can be had for about $700 and make atleast 30 rwhp up to 60 rwhp and still be streetable.
    vinnci roller rockers for example are $670 for about 15 rwhp max and 1.8 rockers tie a persons hand from getting a higher lift cam.
    lift isn't the only thing in a cam that makes the power. duration has the biggest effect.

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    ever notice how the fastest ls1 cars around never have 1.8 or higher rockers arms??
    that you know of.

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    if i can save a guy from making the mistake of getting rockers like i did, ill post this arguement every time.
    just because it didn't work for you, doesn't mean it won't work for everyone. the only reason why it was a mistake for you is because you decided on a cam that wouldn't allow you proper piston to valve clearance after you bought them.

  8. #28
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    i cam post dyno graphs of big cams on stock rockers making more power.
    hell, just go to ls1tech.

    so, you can post graphs of big cams making more power than the smaller cam of vinci's? i would hope so. if a big cam doesn't make more power than a smaller cam, then something's wrong with that big cam.

    vinci's test took relatively same spec cams and showed just how using higher ratio rocker arms make more overall power.

    i would love to post up other vendors comparisions. unfortunately, if they do them, they don't make a point of putting it on their websites for others to see.

  9. #29
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    You guys going back and forth have just confused me further...lol. Guess I'll stay away from the rockers until this gets straightened out.
    Vote for Pedro.

  10. #30
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    I was looking at these roller rocker arms http://www.granatellimotorsports.com...lerrockers.htm on granatelli's website. They claim 8-11% more hp and 10-15% more fuel efficiency. Is this total BS or are these valid claims?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    You guys going back and forth have just confused me further...lol. Guess I'll stay away from the rockers until this gets straightened out.
    well i'll answer your question directly. 10% more horsepower is alot of gain for any rocker. using my wife's car as actual proof of what happens, as i can bring actual data to the table.

    316 * 10% = 31.6 rwhp theory
    actual gain was 17 rwhp so only a 5% gain.

    fuel economy = never really monitored it. guesstimate would be around 1-3%.

    so granetelli's claims are real high

  11. #31
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    48
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    what's funny is you buy into the you can't use higher ratio rocker arms because it limits your cam choices thought.



    o.k, use a plain jane 224/224 581/581 cam with 1.8 ratio rockers and see what could happen.

  12. #32
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    o.k, use a plain jane 224/224 581/581 cam with 1.8 ratio rockers and see what could happen.
    you want to disprove it, you do it.

  13. #33
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    48
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    with 1.85 rockers i gained 9 rwhp and 16 tq. my graph used to be posted here before the crash.

  14. #34
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    48
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    you want to disprove it, you do it.
    581 lift plus 1.8 rockers = fly cutting, if not, kiss the pistons good bye

  15. #35
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    with 1.85 rockers i gained 9 rwhp and 16 tq. my graph used to be posted here before the crash.
    that's not bad for a OE designed rocker with more ratio, considering the flawed design of stock rockers

  16. #36
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    48
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post


    that you know of.



    go to ls1tech and look at the fastest cars mod list, none that ive seen have 1.8 ratio rockers.

  17. #37
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    581 lift plus 1.8 rockers = fly cutting, if not, kiss the pistons good bye
    total lift doesn't happen when the piston is at TDC. it's the valve events associated with using that particular cam and rocker set up.

  18. #38
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    go to ls1tech and look at the fastest cars mod list, none that ive seen have 1.8 ratio rockers.
    again, internet proof. which brings me back to that YOU know of. not everyone posts on the internet. if all you have it ls1tech et listing, then you are limited in your knowledge of who races what. ls1tech isn't the end all of information.

  19. #39
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    48
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    total lift doesn't happen when the piston is at TDC. it's the valve events associated with using that particular cam and rocker set up.
    as i said 1.8 rockers limit cam choice.
    you cannot use the most popular cam out there and top top it off, by todays standards, its small.

  20. #40
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    48
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    again, internet proof. which brings me back to that YOU know of. not everyone posts on the internet. if all you have it ls1tech et listing, then you are limited in your knowledge of who races what. ls1tech isn't the end all of information.
    no its not the end all but goes to show nobody bothers with vinci/slp rocker arms.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: Has anyone done the roller rocker upgrade?
    By TheJudge05 in forum GTO
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2010, 07:39 PM
  2. Roller Rocker Help
    By WS6ICK in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2007, 04:33 PM
  3. Roller Rocker advice
    By LSXWS6 in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 04:29 PM
  4. Roller Rocker Ratio
    By WS6ICK in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-16-2006, 09:52 AM
  5. Roller Rocker Arms
    By lonewolf37 in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-05-2006, 07:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •