Results 1 to 14 of 14

Recomendations for new heads

This is a discussion on Recomendations for new heads within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I have been thinking about this for a while now, but now more than ever with the stroker i really ...

  1. #1
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Recomendations for new heads

    I have been thinking about this for a while now, but now more than ever with the stroker i really want to get some new heads. i have been looking at the AFR 225's but i am not sure if there is anything else out there that might be better for my set-up. i am open to any suggestions, and price isnt really an issue because if i have to i will save up. Thanks

    02 SS
    LQ9 408 Stroker ,M6 1LE, LT's, ORY, GMMG, STG2 LS6 heads,248/254 .612/.622, Tubular LCA's, Panhard, torque arm, tranny cross-member, upper and lower a-arms, k-member, 3 point SFC's, Baer 6 pistons up-front, stock rear , Adj. coil-overs,
    12.6@120MPH

    81 Celica
    18.1 @ 85MPH

  2. #2
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Damn a guy was selling some dart 225's for like 1100 bucks-he just sold them to.
    You could go witht he l-92 heads, but then that means you would have to trade that manifold out.

    Do you know the cfm's on your heads?

  3. #3
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    off their web site

    Our custom 5 axis CNC machined new GM castings make these heads a must have for any performance oriented GM LS series engine. These heads provide up to a 65 cfm improvement over stock OEM versions. The 59cc chambers (achieved by milling), will increase the compression on a stock LS1 from 10-1 to 11-1. Based on other modifications, gains of up to 40 rwhp can be expected. These are a great choice for naturally aspirated engines. The Stage II heads feature 21-4N 2.02”/1.57” stainless steel valves, our Original Patriot Gold Dual .650” Lift springs, titanium retainers, Super 7 machined locks, custom honed bronze guides, machined spring bases, and viton rubber seals.

    *Sold as Pair

    Technical Specs:

    Combustion Chamber: 59cc
    Intake Runner: 227cc
    Exhaust Runner: 70cc
    Intake Valve: 2.02"
    Exhaust Valve: 1.57"
    Max. Valve Spring Lift: 0.650"
    Spring Pressure Closed: 135 lbs. @ 1.800"
    Spring Pressure Open: 375 lbs. @ 1.090"
    Retainer Material: Titanium
    Valve Seal Material: Viton
    Valve Guide Material: Manganese Bronze
    Valve Job: 5-angle

  4. #4
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    off their web site

    Our custom 5 axis CNC machined new GM castings make these heads a must have for any performance oriented GM LS series engine. These heads provide up to a 65 cfm improvement over stock OEM versions. The 59cc chambers (achieved by milling), will increase the compression on a stock LS1 from 10-1 to 11-1. Based on other modifications, gains of up to 40 rwhp can be expected. These are a great choice for naturally aspirated engines. The Stage II heads feature 21-4N 2.02/1.57 stainless steel valves, our Original Patriot Gold Dual .650 Lift springs, titanium retainers, Super 7 machined locks, custom honed bronze guides, machined spring bases, and viton rubber seals.

    *Sold as Pair

    Technical Specs:

    Combustion Chamber: 59cc
    Intake Runner: 227cc
    Exhaust Runner: 70cc
    Intake Valve: 2.02"
    Exhaust Valve: 1.57"
    Max. Valve Spring Lift: 0.650"
    Spring Pressure Closed: 135 lbs. @ 1.800"
    Spring Pressure Open: 375 lbs. @ 1.090"
    Retainer Material: Titanium
    Valve Seal Material: Viton
    Valve Guide Material: Manganese Bronze
    Valve Job: 5-angle
    Are these your current stage 2's?
    You know you should see how the dyno #'s pan out, but if you want power look into some worked l-92's.

  5. #5
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Are these your current stage 2's?
    You know you should see how the dyno #'s pan out, but if you want power look into some worked l-92's.
    ya but then i have to get rid of the FAST. IDK if i want to do that.

  6. #6
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Hey the whole point is you wanted more flow
    you going to the abel carshow or what?

  7. #7
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    I dont know if she is ready for that...... looks like crap

  8. #8
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    I dont know if she is ready for that...... looks like crap
    Your car looked great last time I saw it-what the hell did you do?

  9. #9
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    That wasnt "car show good"

  10. #10
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    100+ cars mostly vettes and free bbq

  11. #11
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    maybe this insted of new heads. much cheaper

    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...17#post1942417

  12. #12
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    And alot less work, you will definatley have to get a tune for that. One of the corvette boys didn't disengage the clutch after a race and a backfire blew his maf apart-in your case that would blow the manifold to being it is thinner. Look into how much the kit for the direct port cost new.

  13. #13
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    We need frost to come in here

  14. #14
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    And alot less work, you will definatley have to get a tune for that. One of the corvette boys didn't disengage the clutch after a race and a backfire blew his maf apart-in your case that would blow the manifold to being it is thinner. Look into how much the kit for the direct port cost new.
    on ebay is $1045 shipped. intake wouldnt blow. i will just get some of those burst panels. i think N20 is the way to go. so much easier. Im sure Frost will help me out with the Tune again

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 07:58 PM
  2. radiator recomendations
    By dpinson in forum External Engine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 12:30 PM
  3. recomendations for headers 02 ta?
    By ws6_ls1_209 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 05:26 AM
  4. Recomendations please
    By Ikillmustangsw/myZ32 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 09:53 PM
  5. Any intake and cam recomendations.
    By DustfromyZ28 in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-26-2006, 10:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •