Thread: Rebuild Kits?

black
    2001 pontiac TA

Rebuild Kits?

I'm looking at doing my engine all over 01 LS1. so far i know i want the Patriot Performance LS6 Head, Cam & Roller Rocker Arm Kit 59cc Stage II, Professional Products 85mm throttle body and 85mm SLP mass air flow sensor, Performance Products Typhoon 85mm intake. But, I still want to freshen the bottom end pistons, bearings, timing chain, connecting rod, oil pump, gaskets and head bolts. I think that’s every thing. most kits come with cams, but I wont need that. And I'm looking for a kit that will hold up to about 600 hp . That’s my goal. "No NOS". So does any one know of a kit that will help me out. Goal’s to stay under $1,200.00 for the bottom end. Thanks for the help.
    Sgt Masters
    USMC Iraq

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

Quote Originally Posted by wolvealone View Post
    I'm looking at doing my engine all over 01 LS1. so far i know i want the Patriot Performance LS6 Head, Cam & Roller Rocker Arm Kit 59cc Stage II, Professional Products 85mm throttle body and 85mm SLP mass air flow sensor, Performance Products Typhoon 85mm intake. But, I still want to freshen the bottom end pistons, bearings, timing chain, connecting rod, oil pump, gaskets and head bolts. I think that’s every thing. most kits come with cams, but I wont need that. And I'm looking for a kit that will hold up to about 600 hp . That’s my goal. "No NOS". So does any one know of a kit that will help me out. Goal’s to stay under $1,200.00 for the bottom end. Thanks for the help.
    Sgt Masters
    USMC Iraq
    There are going to be few kits out there. If you saved up to around $2k you could afford a stroker kit and diffreatley improve you cubes and comprassion summitracing.com and jegs offer the cheapest rotating assemblies. with the power people are turning out with stroker kits you can't go wrong

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I have heard nothing but issues with that Professional Products intake.
    Go LS6 or FAST.

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

Fully agree, I have heard the same with wieland, professional products and bbk being heat soaked intake manifolds. Due to the gact these manifolds are aluminum or other alloys. have always heard good things about the LS6 intake and Fast Products. There is a good right up in September Hot Rod Magiazine about LS Intakes. Alot of people say that the LS6 gives you from 10to 15 hp gain over the stock Ls1 Manifold and the Fast is Like up to thirty and has more benefits.

black
    2001 pontiac TA

thank you

thanks guys. thats what I'll do, just save up some more. thanks for the advice.

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

Quote Originally Posted by wolvealone View Post
    thanks guys. thats what I'll do, just save up some more. thanks for the advice.
    Yea, i know the other guy that has writen on this subject and we both have stroker motors but his is flat out crazy and he knows his stuff. He has a 402 stroker and I have a 383 and he is one of the fastest cars in colorado at Bandimere Speedway in Morrision, CO and if I remember right he doesnt use spray. Plus atleast you know your bottom end is soild and you can go crazy from there with what ever mods you want. the bottom end and the rear end are the fragile componets in our rides. Plus Thanks for what you are doing for our country

Thread Information