Random miss fire need HELP

This is a discussion on Random miss fire need HELP within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; My car was miss shifted bent 7 of 16 pushrods replaced them all with comp cam chromolly rods. Also it ...

red
    1998 camaro z28

Random miss fire need HELP

My car was miss shifted bent 7 of 16 pushrods replaced them all with comp cam chromolly rods. Also it shattered 2nd gear and had the tranny rebuilt by sixspeedsinc. Also note the car was running rough and just the same right after the miss shift. Now after installing pacesetter LTs, ORY and new tranny it is still running the same. Also we put new plugs, and wires in and the car ran like a champ before the over rev. Now the code is of course reading rear o2 and also random miss fire. I thought if i had a bent valve it would be a specific cylinder not random and im at a loss of ideas here. All help is much appreciated as im trying to figure this out and take all necessary steps before tearing the heads off. Now what do u guys think?

1998 Firebird Formula WS6

do a good thurough compression test.

red
    1998 camaro z28

I also forgot to mention we did not have the front o2s even plugged in but again i still though a bent valve is geared toward a specific cylinder not random?

Quote Originally Posted by miller456 View Post
    I also forgot to mention we did not have the front o2s even plugged in but again i still though a bent valve is geared toward a specific cylinder not random?
    yes it should be only in one cylinder if it is bent but it could push the gasses into your head which would effect all 4 on the one side. if it is at random i would bet that it is only slightly bent and not heavily bent. So you floated the valves when you mis shifed?

red
    1998 camaro z28

im assuming the valve/valves were floated havent gotten down to doing a compression test yet i was just wondering if front o2s not being plugged in would cause this as well?

Quote Originally Posted by miller456 View Post
    im assuming the valve/valves were floated havent gotten down to doing a compression test yet i was just wondering if front o2s not being plugged in would cause this as well?
    i am not sure but i would assume they would cause some problems they could be causing your problems.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

i would go ahead and put it back together, clear the codes and run it a bit. Ie connect the 02's. could solve your issue.
    I just gotta say ouch, 7 Pr. I bent one on a mis-shift but 7 has to be some type of a record.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

red
    1998 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetorangess View Post
    i would go ahead and put it back together, clear the codes and run it a bit. Ie connect the 02's. could solve your issue.
    I just gotta say ouch, 7 Pr. I bent one on a mis-shift but 7 has to be some type of a record.
    J
    Lol first of all thats not the kind of records i want to break. Second of all it is all back together except the front o2s but i have a feeling like ur saying ouch i proble floated a valve or maybe valves who knows.

check into fuel pump or fuel regulator... random misfire sounds like it.

Thread Information