white
    94 camaro

Pulling ls1 from corvette

Whats easier engine from top or bottom or is it even possible from top?Would prefer pulling from top especially with that tranny design.If can come out from top what should be removed?I have pulled few camaro engines <ls1 and lt1 but not any vettes.

Red
    2001 Corvette

Everything I have read says it has to come out the bottom. The engine will have to come with most of the driveline as one unit. Wouldn't do it on your own unless you have a good lift and a good understanding of how it needs to come out.

black
    92 Sonoma GT

never did it before but pulling a motor from the bottom just sounds hard?

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

seems like thats they way on newer vehicles, Ive seen guys lift the cab off to pull the motor on Lightnings

stanger383
    I did mine from the top 3 weeks ago. It took us longer to get it out than put it in.took about 4 hours to get it out and 3 hours to put it in and fire it up. I will recommend that u leave the entire wire harness on the engine and unhook it from the fuse panel under the battery.when we pulled it out we unhooked it from the engine and that added alot of the time and frustration to the job. When we put it in we hooked up all the connectors when it was sti;; on the stand.you have to remove your hood but if you make it you should be able to put it right back on.we also removed the powersteering pulley so i didnt tap into the system but that requires a tool to remove(snap on makes one).and i just layed the ac comp.over to the side so i didnt break into that system.youll also have to unbolt the upper control arms from the chassis and the lower shock mounts so you can drop the front cradle because the rack will not let you move the engine forward unless u lower it. Hope this helps. after you pull it out you will be amazed at how easy it is once u know what to do. Normand

Thread Information