various
    1986 Turbo 944

Priming help please

So I think I made a mistake in my rebuild. I tore apart the oil pump and reassembled with out priming the pump by hand.

I have been doing some research and am coming across engines that use some sort of priming tool hooked to the sender unit hole to prime.

Anyway I am not getting any oil through my engine on initial cranks to make sure the pump is working.

Any help would be awesome.

various
    1986 Turbo 944

Before some one tells me to pull the plugs and crank away, I will tell you that I have been doing that with no results.

I pulled the sensor and forced oil into the block from the top. I then received to my surprise oil on the floor from my return line on my oil relocation kit. I then hooked up both lines and a filter and resumed trying to feed the oil into the top of the block. Still no go on the pressure.

I blew through he feed line and heard the oil bubble in my pan so i know that there is flow to it, and I then used a vacuum of sorts to pull oil out of the block and in to the filter in while my wife cranked the engine, still no go.

I am beginning to wonder if the oil starvation due to clogged pick up tube that lead to this rebuild would have torn up my pump? That is my last place to think, I have installed this motor three times and this is the only time I have had trouble with the pressure not feeding oil to the filter.

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by cfgioja View Post
    Before some one tells me to pull the plugs and crank away, I will tell you that I have been doing that with no results.

I pulled the sensor and forced oil into the block from the top. I then received to my surprise oil on the floor from my return line on my oil relocation kit. I then hooked up both lines and a filter and resumed trying to feed the oil into the top of the block. Still no go on the pressure.

I blew through he feed line and heard the oil bubble in my pan so i know that there is flow to it, and I then used a vacuum of sorts to pull oil out of the block and in to the filter in while my wife cranked the engine, still no go.

I am beginning to wonder if the oil starvation due to clogged pick up tube that lead to this rebuild would have torn up my pump? That is my last place to think, I have installed this motor three times and this is the only time I have had trouble with the pressure not feeding oil to the filter.
    you oil pickup tube could be cracked(or there is a leak in it) have u tried to force oil through the oil filter adapter? other than that the only thing i could think of is to pull her apart and check your tube and pack the pump with some assembly grease?
    you can also try to pump oil through the oil pressure sending unit hole...
    Last edited by My00Z28; 05-11-2011 at 09:05 PM.

various
    1986 Turbo 944

Not sure what is was but with the tips and sugestions from all the sites and my personal knowledge I tore apart the pan and pump and cleaned everything. I hooked it all back up and after about 10 slow cranks I am getting 32 psi on my manual gauge.

Thanks for the inputs.

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

well atleast something worked!

Thread Information