Thread: Ported heads ?

red
    99 camaro

Ported heads ?

Im looking locally at a set of slp cnc ported heads with stock sized valves. The intake valves are the sodium filled zo6's. Guy said hes going turbo and has some 317's to replace them thats the reason for sale. I was just wondering if they are worth the 475 he's asking and has anyone else had ported heads from slp with good results on a dd car. Im also thinking about just a cam and was wondering if its a good idea or wasted money to replace the lifters on a high mile engine thats in really good shape? I have heard they develop a wear pattern in the lifter trays thats where my concern comes into play, not the pattern on the rollers themselves. Thanks.
    Last edited by JRENIGAR; 02-14-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by JRENIGAR View Post
    Im looking locally at a set of slp cnc ported heads with stock sized valves. The intake valves are the sodium filled zo6's. Guy said hes going turbo and has some 317's to replace them thats the reason for sale. I was just wondering if they are worth the 475 he's asking and has anyone else had ported heads from slp with good results on a dd car. Im also thinking about just a cam and was wondering if its a good idea or wasted money to replace the lifters on a high mile engine thats in really good shape? I have heard they develop a wear pattern in the lifter trays thats where my concern comes into play, not the pattern on the rollers themselves. Thanks.
    If the motor has miles on it then change the lifters, we are only talking about $200 or so for LS7 lifters. Trays should get changed to LS2 style which are better and cost hardly nothing. The heads I'm not sure about, you should try to get flow numbers for them. THe lightweight valves are nice but without knowing the CC (Mill) or the Flow numbers, it could be a rip off or a hell of a good deal.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Thread Information