black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

please help 402.408, or 418 cant decide

ok hear is the problem I had an ls1 with fast 92/92, tsp 2.5 5.3l heads. ms3cam, lt, slp oil pump,basically all the mods and bolt ons. well after the build it broke a rod and drove it right thrue the block. so I already bought a lq9 block. I cant decide(mostly due to lack of knowalge) what size to go with i would like to be around 530-550na. maybe down the road throw about 100shot on it. any sugestions would be great . I am looking at the tsp kits but dont know what cranks, and rods to get. thanks again guys
    Adam

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

also what can I reuse. I know the cam will be too small, but will the intake and heads be ok?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

The intake will be great for the 402+

The heads will not flow near enough to gte you your 530RWHP. Plus make the CR crazy high.

Obviously all the exhuast can be used over again. But, if you had 1 3/4's I personally would want 1 7/8's. Again, if you are want 530+ RWHP... its gonna take that extra little bit of stuff.

Crank, Eagle is 'decent'. Im sure you know you want 4" stroke. Its hard to come by someone breaking a crank unless it was in a crazy application. Rods.... You gte what you pay for man. I suggest going with the best you can afford. Lunati makes a great piece, Expensive as all hell (Pro mod's (billet) ) You do not NEED those rods though. Callies, Lunati, Scat all make a decent rod. Obviously the Pro mod Billet is just crazy. Also crazy expensive. I would go Callies personally. For rods, I would stray away from Eagle.

CI? 408 at most. 402 will leave you a real good clean up later on. 408 will be pushing it for any clean up, and 418... I think they actually do not reccomend N20 on. COuld be wrong. I would go 408.

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

408 for sure. I went with a ts 408 with the callie's crank and rods. you can switch over everything if you want. but i would get diff heads and cam. all of the sensors, covers, intake, oil pan, oil pump, etc. will swap over. all you need to do is drill a hole for the alt bracket. TSP sell long blocks with PRC heads and you can set up your CR for the N20 if you want to run a bigger shot. just make sure you get a steel second ring (pistons) just for the added protecting for N20. i would also recommend to replace the oil pump, lifters, timing set since you have them out and there are cheap. you will also want to swap out the fuel pump if it is stock. not 100% needed but again you want to do everything you can to help the motor.

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

it has new lifters,timing and oil pump. I was really hoping I could keep the heads on...thats another 1500 i could save. damn o whell. the fuel pump is new aswell. what is the big problem with those heads? will the car run like shit or will I just not see that much power?

Stock
    2002 Camaro

They just wont really get the full potential out of the rest of the motor. and since you blew you last motor, i would replace the oil pump just incase you got any chunks in their. up to you

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

o ok got it well we will see. I was hoping i could get away with the heads maybe with my next bonus i will upgrade to some trick flow or afr's

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

still cant decide on what pistons and rods to go with...this shit is tough

Stock
    2002 Camaro

If you are going with TSP i would get the weisco piston because they are a great piston and also come with the steel second ring for free. I would recomend the callies crank and rods. also make sure you pay the extra to get the ARP bolts. Now what CC piston depends on what CR you want. i went with the -15CC so that with my 59CC heads i would be at 11.1:1 CR. there are multiple calculators you can find online that will tell you what pistons you want for your set-up. or you can just call TSP and they can point you in the right direction.

Thread Information