Thread: pcv valve.

Blog Entries

black
    98 trans am

pcv valve.

I was told by a guy that on his mustang he did away with the pcv valve and just used a filter to replace the valve out the valve cover and caped off where the vacuum lines would normally connect. Would this work on a 98 trans am as well. My hose assembly is shot and can only find it brand new over $100. Or does anyone else have any suggestions?

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by herelizerd View Post
    I was told by a guy that on his mustang he did away with the pcv valve and just used a filter to replace the valve out the valve cover and caped off where the vacuum lines would normally connect. Would this work on a 98 trans am as well. My hose assembly is shot and can only find it brand new over $100. Or does anyone else have any suggestions?
    You can re-work the pcv hoses using everyday stuff from the auto parts and hardware stores. Here is what I did to mine:

Rebirth of the PCV System

It made it more flexible and less likely to break causing leaks. I also added a catch can and have not gotten oil in my TB or intake since. You could also spend more to get an 04+ LS6 valley cover that has the built in PCV valve and does away with the hoses that go to the valve covers.

2000 Trans Am T56 Swapped - GMPP "HOT" Cam | LS6 Intake | PnP TB | 25% UD Pulley | Founders adjustable LCA/PHB/TA | Norris Catch Can | TSP 1-7/8 SS LT | TSP True Duals with bullets | SLP Lid | UMI Shock tower brace | Torq Thrust M 17x9 275/40 front 17x10.5 315/35 rear - YouTube Videos - My Car Site

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

was he referring to a catch can system? like this?

Also the LS6 VCT that Chris is referring to will require you to notch the block 1/2"x3/4" for the pcv tube clearance. Not hard to do but you have to be extremely careful or you'll be pulling the motor to flush the shavings out.

Blog Entries

black
    98 trans am

pcv valve.

Ok also can someone tell me where all 3 point of this assembly hook up at seeing how I broke the motor down a year ago and seem to have forgotten a few things

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    was he referring to a catch can system? like this?

Also the LS6 VCT that Chris is referring to will require you to notch the block 1/2"x3/4" for the pcv tube clearance. Not hard to do but you have to be extremely careful or you'll be pulling the motor to flush the shavings out.
    I have that same CC, only in red I had forgotten about having to notch the block, little extra work but worth it in the long run. I did the hoses and clamps because it was cheaper and a quicker fix.

Quote Originally Posted by herelizerd View Post
    Ok also can someone tell me where all 3 point of this assembly hook up at seeing how I broke the motor down a year ago and seem to have forgotten a few things
    The grommet on the rear of your driver valve cover, rear nipple on the passenger valve cover and into the front passenger side of the intake manifold. There is also a hose that goes from the TB to the front nipple of the passenger valve cover.

Thread Information