Black
    99 Camaro ss

Patriot perfomance?

I have been looking into a package from speed inc, Patriot ls6 style heads, any comp cam, pushrods,and all the hardware for $1800. My question is, has anybody had experience with these heads and if so are you happy with the performance? I looked throgh the forum and found that SSwt00ss has them but have not been able to reach him. If anybody has any info that would be greatly appreciated.......Thanks

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by Badass99SS View Post
    I have been looking into a package from speed inc, Patriot ls6 style heads, any comp cam, pushrods,and all the hardware for $1800. My question is, has anybody had experience with these heads and if so are you happy with the performance? I looked throgh the forum and found that SSwt00ss has them but have not been able to reach him. If anybody has any info that would be greatly appreciated.......Thanks
    yeah if you did a name change, i had an e-mail from you about a week ago that i found out of 1500 e-mails i had from Ls1.com...

to help you out, i love the heads! i picked them up from a guy off here brand new for about $900 last December and installed the heads in Janurary of this year. they are the Patriot Performance Stage II Ls6 "Style" heads with 59cc chambers. the smaller 'cc' sice will help to bump up your compression ratio to around 11.1:1, for a little more power. after intall and tune i made well over 30+ rwhp from adding these heads (Comp Cam 224 was already installed). the kick and instant power is awesome and i can rev my car up to 6500rpm.

question for you is, what are your goals and what are you wanting to use this added power for? street/strip, strip or full out drag car? do yoou have any mods done yet? if you can provide a little more detail on what you want we can do our best to point you in the right direction.

FYI, if youd like to contact me in the future use PM, that way i can reply sooner than a week!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I have the stage 2 LS6 heads. I just haven't installed them yet.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I run Patriot heads on my 402.
    No complaints. And Patriot is great with customer service.

RED
    2000 Camaro SS

There is a lot of info on the PP heads on ls1tech.com They have a good reputation and seem to put up good #'s. I would reccomend them over TSP heads or any other budget head. Plus they have great customer service.

Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

I have a set of patriot heads on one of my cars and a set of AFR's on my other one. The car that has the patriot heads has a bigger cam in it probably causes me to like it a little better. I would say the AFR's probably flow better and same size cam make a little better power, but I don't know that it justifies the cost. The patriot set alone I would give them a big thumbs up. Just my $0.02

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I run Patriot exclusively. Gunner and his team are top shelf. Product is flawless and the customizing and support are unmatched.

Black
    99 Camaro ss

Thanks for all the info, I appreciate all the help

Black
    2000 WS6

Patriot and Gunnar give a whole new meaning to customer service. I'll post pictures and provide the story when I get my heads in a couple of days.

Black
    99 Camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    Patriot and Gunnar give a whole new meaning to customer service. I'll post pictures and provide the story when I get my heads in a couple of days.
    What heads did you end up going with (cc's)?

Black
    99 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 2001hawk View Post
    I have a set of patriot heads on one of my cars and a set of AFR's on my other one. The car that has the patriot heads has a bigger cam in it probably causes me to like it a little better. I would say the AFR's probably flow better and same size cam make a little better power, but I don't know that it justifies the cost. The patriot set alone I would give them a big thumbs up. Just my $0.02
    There was a dyno comparison from edlebrock Heads to AFR heads.. and the difference was 70RWHP. We need to know the difference between Patriot and AFR before justifying the cost... If it means gaining 50+ MORE RWHP on a certain setup, then DAMN RIGHTS its worth a $1K more.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by vmapper View Post
    There was a dyno comparison from edlebrock Heads to AFR heads.. and the difference was 70RWHP. We need to know the difference between Patriot and AFR before justifying the cost... If it means gaining 50+ MORE RWHP on a certain setup, then DAMN RIGHTS its worth a $1K more.
    Welcome to the site man.
    Dyno runs are bullshit when done for marketing purposes. I question the numbers between Eddie's and AFR's for sure.
    Post up all the info on the dyno run you reference. Let's all discuss and cut through the shit. The science to heads are tuning the heads to your entire setup. Not just "swapping heads"......and that is where Patriot kicks that ass....

Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

Well to do that you would have to have the same cam. I highly doubt there would be a 50 horse difference between comparable sets of heads. The heads should be pretty close if the runner size and flow numbers are close. You would also have to have the same cam. Since my WS-6 has a bigger cam it is hard to tell how the patriot heads stack up against the AFR's. And I agree that dyno numbers are bullshit for the most part. You can make a dyno queen that isn't worth shit chasing peak numbers. Main thing is how the setup works across the part of the band that you are using.

RED
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by vmapper View Post
    I gained 43rwhp and 33rwtq with my AFR 205's on a TR224 cam. So are they saying I would have gained 113rwhp with the Edlebrocks or lost 30rwhp?

113rwhp is more like a H/C change or FI.

RED
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    yeah if you did a name change, i had an e-mail from you about a week ago that i found out of 1500 e-mails i had from Ls1.com...

to help you out, i love the heads! i picked them up from a guy off here brand new for about $900 last December and installed the heads in Janurary of this year. they are the Patriot Performance Stage II Ls6 "Style" heads with 59cc chambers. the smaller 'cc' sice will help to bump up your compression ratio to around 11.1:1, for a little more power. after intall and tune i made well over 30+ rwhp from adding these heads (Comp Cam 224 was already installed). the kick and instant power is awesome and i can rev my car up to 6500rpm.

question for you is, what are your goals and what are you wanting to use this added power for? street/strip, strip or full out drag car? do yoou have any mods done yet? if you can provide a little more detail on what you want we can do our best to point you in the right direction.

FYI, if youd like to contact me in the future use PM, that way i can reply sooner than a week!

I gained 43rwhp & 33rwtq with the same size cam. TR224.

Patriots have great customer service and have a good reputation for producing the #'s. they would be my 2nd choice after the AFR's.

Thread Information