Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

oil leak!!!

This is a discussion on oil leak!!! within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; alright Originally Posted by fxgs Not the greatest pic, but I replaced my oil fill cap with a breather and ...

  1. #21
    Member denegrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    181

    midnight blue metalic
    2001 camaro z28

    Talking

    alright
    Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    Not the greatest pic, but I replaced my oil fill cap with a breather and if you look at the left rear of the photo you will see another smaller breather.
    This one is attatached to a hose at the rear of the drivers side where the pcv system originated as I have deleted it.

    Click for full size

  2. #22
    Senior Member JayTA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    3,351

    Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    Not the greatest pic, but I replaced my oil fill cap with a breather and if you look at the left rear of the photo you will see another smaller breather.
    This one is attatached to a hose at the rear of the drivers side where the pcv system originated as I have deleted it.

    Click for full size
    looks good man. this is what i did:

    breather cap
    Last edited by JayTA98; 05-18-2011 at 05:30 PM.

  3. #23
    ls1 powered seabee sutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    oxnard, ca.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    300

    red and black
    1999 Formula/WS6

    dont sell it! rear main is a fairly simple fix. just did one last weekend and it took less then 5 hours. just pick a day, order the new seals, and get it over with! just verify its the rear main before dropping the tranny...

  4. #24
    Member izzhemp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Osawatomie KS
    Age
    28
    Posts
    324

    white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

    Mine leaking too has been for over 6 months lol Im fixing it when i put my new tranny in in next couple months

  5. #25
    ls1 powered seabee sutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    oxnard, ca.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    300

    red and black
    1999 Formula/WS6

    i battled a series of oil leaks for 3 years...yes, very frustrating. i finally fixed shitty PCV system, and fixed the leaks, one by one. worth it!

  6. #26
    Member izzhemp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Osawatomie KS
    Age
    28
    Posts
    324

    white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    Not the greatest pic, but I replaced my oil fill cap with a breather and if you look at the left rear of the photo you will see another smaller breather.
    This one is attatached to a hose at the rear of the drivers side where the pcv system originated as I have deleted it.

    Click for full size
    Only word i can think of for your bay is sexy well done on keeping it like that I've looked at oil breathers in jegs but not sure if its applicable on my v6 oil fill spot

  7. #27
    Member izzhemp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Osawatomie KS
    Age
    28
    Posts
    324

    white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by sutie View Post
    i battled a series of oil leaks for 3 years...yes, very frustrating. i finally fixed shitty PCV system, and fixed the leaks, one by one. worth it!
    Well played sir i like your style lol

  8. #28
    NASCAR Go Fast, Turn Left ntimid8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    8,048

    383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

    Merged threads

    There were 2 duplicate threads...I just merged them so all the info you guys posted is in there. So if you notice the convo's don't flow smoothly...now you know.

  9. #29
    ls1 powered seabee sutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    oxnard, ca.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    300

    red and black
    1999 Formula/WS6

    haha....nice

  10. #30
    Senior Member JayTA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    3,351

    Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by sutie View Post
    haha....nice
    as much as its going to hurt my wallet i guess i will have to do the LS6 valley cover conversion... keep hearing how much it had help a bunch of people with the leaks.

  11. #31
    ls1 powered seabee sutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    oxnard, ca.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    300

    red and black
    1999 Formula/WS6

    out of all the the stuff ive done to my car, the PCV system is in top 3 of most important! didnt take long to do, wasnt expensive, and well worth it in the end!

  12. #32
    Senior Member JayTA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    3,351

    Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by sutie View Post
    out of all the the stuff ive done to my car, the PCV system is in top 3 of most important! didnt take long to do, wasnt expensive, and well worth it in the end!
    well is around $272 for me to make i happen.

  13. #33
    ls1 powered seabee sutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    oxnard, ca.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    300

    red and black
    1999 Formula/WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    well is around $272 for me to make i happen.
    dang, seems a little high to me. i used a catch can with the LS6 VCT and with new gaskets, hoses and fittings, still spent less then 200.

    what can are you planning on using?

  14. #34
    Senior Member JayTA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    3,351

    Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by sutie View Post
    dang, seems a little high to me. i used a catch can with the LS6 VCT and with new gaskets, hoses and fittings, still spent less then 200.

    what can are you planning on using?
    well i already have the can. that price is for the coolant bypass kit, KS, KS harness, valley cover and grommet this is from gmpartsdirect and ebay. Im only getting the bypass kit from ebay.

    I can get most of them from ebay. there is a store that sells new gm parts only. If i do combined shipping I might save like $20.

    If i get lucky and don't need the KS stuff then yes i can save, but if the harness breaks in the process im screwed. since i have a 98 i will need to change the KS to the new style
    Last edited by JayTA98; 05-19-2011 at 09:59 AM.

  15. #35
    ls1 powered seabee sutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    oxnard, ca.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    300

    red and black
    1999 Formula/WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    well i already have the can. that price is for the coolant bypass kit, KS, KS harness, valley cover and grommet this is from gmpartsdirect and ebay. Im only getting the bypass kit from ebay.

    I can get most of them from ebay. there is a store that sells new gm parts only. If i do combined shipping I might save like $20.

    If i get lucky and don't need the KS stuff then yes i can save, but the if the harness breaks in the process im screwed and since i have a 98 i will need to change the KS to the new style

    oh thats right, i didnt factor in the new knock sensors or wire harness, i replaced all that too, so your price quote is correct! deffinetly replace the KS stuff while your in there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Help: OIL Leak!!!
    By joedude02 in forum General Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 08:59 AM
  2. Help: oil leak
    By sutie in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-25-2009, 05:34 PM
  3. Serious oil leak
    By Eagle in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 05:54 AM
  4. ttop leak, hatch leak, and window motor problems
    By ATCharming in forum General Help
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 03:30 AM
  5. how serious is PS leak?
    By 02WS6dream in forum General Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2006, 05:44 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •