Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 TA

New tappets prudent?

I am going to do the LS6 PCV mod on my 02 TA. I has the LS6 block (checked the engine block numbers), and I am doing a cam change at the same time. I know I don't have to pull the LS6 intake off (my car came with the LS6 intake as well) to do the cam change, but while I am down that far I am going to go ahead and do it. The engine has 110K miles.

Due to the mileage on the engine, while I am in there I am changing to a dual roller timing chain and new oil pump. Already changed to dual valve springs and hardened pushrods in anticipation of the cam change and increase to 6500 RPM redline.

Since I am going to change out the PCV setup, I am going to have the roller tappets exposed.

Should I replace the tappets while they are exposed?
    02 NBM TA - Mecham New Version Hood/Wing, Jet Hot/Hooker Headers, ProDyno exh, Chrome ROH ZS, Volant, Corvette LS1 MAF, Hotchkis LCAs, STB & Adj. PHR, BMR SFCs, Global West Traclink, SLP Bilstiens, Firehawk springs, B&M Ripper, Moser 12 bolt w/ 4.10s, Eaton Posi, LS1 Edit, Hurst line lock- more.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

I would. New cam, new lifters. Good preventative maintenance.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Agree. If you are going to do it... do it right. How about an upgraded trunion kit for the stock rockers?

Thread Information