New Scorpion Performance Roller Rockers?

This is a discussion on New Scorpion Performance Roller Rockers? within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Anyone have them installed yet? Can you give me some input on how you like them? Any gains at all? ...

Sunset Orange
    2002 TransAm

New Scorpion Performance Roller Rockers?

Anyone have them installed yet? Can you give me some input on how you like them? Any gains at all? Do you have to change valve springs on a stock motor? Thanks.
    2002 Sunset Orange TransAm 6 spd.
    http://www.mustangmods.com/data/1327/dadsigpic2.jpg

Mag Red
    2002 Vette

A guy on Corvetteforum just had a huge problem with them. I would tread carefully until he finds out what happened. Looks like he may have had a setup issue, but at this point there is no word on what happened.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I looked at those pics and to me it sounds like someone didn't check their pushrod lengths.......dont know if I would go so far as to call them crap right now...may be more user error on that particular install......

Mag Red
    2002 Vette

If it happened on start-up I would tend to agree, but he had some miles on it. It is FI so I can only think it ran good but he was floating the valves and the rockers got pounded. That said, the fracture surface on the aluminum doesn't look like an extrusion, more like a casting.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37 View Post
    I looked at those pics and to me it sounds like someone didn't check their pushrod lengths.......dont know if I would go so far as to call them crap right now...may be more user error on that particular install......

read the thread. he said he had 8000-9000 miles on them. pushrod length, piston to valve clearance issues, etc... would have shown up alot sooner.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    read the thread. he said he had 8000-9000 miles on them. pushrod length, piston to valve clearance issues, etc... would have shown up alot sooner.
    Read the thread....he didn't even know what ratio he had......trust me.....if the pushrods were just a little off it could of made that damage over time......could of made it 8000 miles but to have every last one of them do the same thing........sounds like an easy answer.....but hey.....wont be the first time I'm wrong...
    Last edited by cailey37; 07-17-2007 at 06:44 PM.

Mag Red
    2002 Vette

He isn't updating the thread. My gut is telling me that since he is FI he didn't do much to upgrade the valve train and may have been floating the valves. He doesn't give any indication of power loss though. Have to admit that this is the first time I have seen this with the Scorpions which are running on a number of LSx motors so his failure really doesn't make sense. There has to be more to this story that we don't know.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

That's what I was thinking....something just isn't right......I've seen a few cars running them and nothing like that....but hey...anything is possible......I use the Harland Sharps and love em........

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37 View Post
    Read the thread....he didn't even know what ratio he had......trust me.....if the pushrods were just a little off it could of made that damage over time......could of made it 8000 miles but to have every last one of them do the same thing........sounds like an easy answer.....but hey.....wont be the first time I'm wrong...

they would have to be alot off and causing coil bind to cause that.

and i've been wrong many times. hopefully we'll see.

RED
    2000 Camaro SS

I was going to bring up the corvette forums threat. i would avoid them.

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

It think its an install issue.
    "I am the executioner. When a crime is committed and the exalted state does not take vengeance nor move to punish, then comes time for the executioner to declare himself. I have waited long enough. The criminals are hereby sentenced to death. By fire. By earth. By water."

2000 Trans Am WS6 LS6
    2006 GTO LS2

I have these on my 2000 Trans Am, WS6, LS6. I have the stock ratio which is 1.7 and they bolt right on. I did feel a difference. I could tell I had more pulling power and I gained .2 in a quarter mile with the Scorpion rockers.

Thread Information