Thread: new cam?

red
    2000 camaro ss

new cam?

Right now iam the current owner of a 2000ss camaro a4 w/50kmiles.Its sportin a set of patroit 243 heads comp cams 228 .588 lift on a 114.Also tci super streetfighter 3500 stall shift kit trans cooler.Slp lid k&n slp pulley hooker long tubes slp dual dual.Kenny brown sbfcs, torque arm lcas. Motive 3.73 gear diff cover chrome zr1s on nittos. Best 1/4 mile 12.0 w/ traction issues. I want to acheive a time of low 11s. Maybe 11.0-11.3.Still i have to get ls6 intake smooth bellow and ls6 mass air flow.Was thinkin maybe 11.8. But anyways wanting to acheive low 11s on the motor.Not good w/ combos but thinking on a rebuild on my trans and a yank4000 stall, along w/moser or strange rear end w/ a 3.90 motive and posi, along w/ a comp cams 231/237 is this acheivable with the combo along w/ weight savings.Should have done things right the first time. Also maybe later on some nos maybe a 150-200 shot to be in the low to mid 10s

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

get a fast 90 intake along with a nick williams throttle body ( good for about another 30 rwhp), get a 12 bolt, BFG drag tires and tuning. with a good launch, you should be able to be in the 11.30s.

im running a 224 cam, 3000 streetfighter, long tubes, ls6 intake, volant, BFG DRs and tuning and im 11.90s.
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

do not not get a fast 90 90, the ls6 makes more power down low and just a little less up high not worth wasting ur money when u could spend it on something better, wait for the new weiand to come out in 2 months. as for the cam, if its the texas speed 228r, probably the best cam out there for a street car. if u want a pure drag car you may try the ms4. pure slicks will shave about .5 seconds off ur time, if u were running a street tire, and have the suspension set up right.

black

Quote Originally Posted by THEBRAD View Post
    do not not get a fast 90 90, the ls6 makes more power down low and just a little less up high not worth wasting ur money when u could spend it on something better, wait for the new weiand to come out in 2 months. as for the cam, if its the texas speed 228r, probably the best cam out there for a street car. if u want a pure drag car you may try the ms4. pure slicks will shave about .5 seconds off ur time, if u were running a street tire, and have the suspension set up right.
    the fast 90/90 combo has been proven to make better power on a heads/ cam car compared to the ls6 intake.

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

yeah up high just like i said

red
    2000 camaro ss

in my opinion the fast 90/90 is a great product but not worth the money for a tenth or two. the ms4 is way too big.i just figured a slightly bigger cam would compliment my 243 heads better and a larger stall would be better. NHRA do u have ported heads w/ the 224. thats a pretty good time.What else do u have done.I had a lot of traction issues and once i launched it right the last time. Only at 2000 rpms and had to feather it

black

224 cam, 3000 streetfighter, long tubes, ls6 intake, volant, sub frame connectors, BFG DRs and tuning are all the mods i have done. heads are stock.
    i got a great hole shot at 41 dragway. on average my car does 1200-1210
    get rid of the nittos and get some BFGs. with your mods, you should be in the 1170s with decent traction.
    whats your rwhp?

red
    2000 camaro ss

Right now 391hp. Yah the nittos are no good at the track. Going to step up to mickey ets. your saying that bfgs are pretty good.I didnt think they were any better than nittos

black

Quote Originally Posted by bad4ss View Post
    Right now 391hp. Yah the nittos are no good at the track. Going to step up to mickey ets. your saying that bfgs are pretty good.I didnt think they were any better than nittos
    mickeys are the best DRs out there. i dont do the track often so the BFGs were my choice.
    they are better than nittos.

who did your tuning? you should have more power than that.

red
    2000 camaro ss

Speed inc. Like I said stock manifold and mafLs6 should put me around 410hp

black

Quote Originally Posted by bad4ss View Post
    Speed inc. Like I said stock manifold and mafLs6 should put me around 410hp
    as it sits, you should atleast be making 420 rwhp.
    your a heads/cam car with just about all the bolt ons.
    as of now, your making 11 more h.p than me and i have stock heads. your cam alone should make 11 more h.p than mine.

red
    2000 camaro ss

ok I dont know what to tell you.You are making a lot of hp for 224cam and automatic.Maybe its the tune?

Thread Information