Blue
    2003 Z06

Need to spend $14K!! Already have Vortech SC.Opinions Need!!!What would you buy??

Alright folks. I have had an 2000 Camaro SS with only Vortech SC and couple add ons (Weiand Intake etc..). I totaled the vehicle and kept it in garage for almost 15 months. Now I just bought a 1998 Z28 with A/T at very reasonable price with the same color couple days ago. Now I`ve got many spare parts two LS1s, two rear end, two 4L60E etc. I ve saved $14K to spend on this vehicle for a year. Now my question is "WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SPEND THIS MONEY?" Please do not forget that I already have a Vortech SC with aftercooler. Do you think that getting a rotating assembly 408, 427, 383 with low comp ratio is the best way or already built short block 402, 427 etc in iron block 6.0. I do not know anything about it. Please give me some information (best performance with SC and best combination like cams, stroker kit, heads, headers, ignition) I need some technical stuff like which heads, which short block or stroker kit etc. With which combination can I put the maximum boost with the Vortech SC? How can I tune up the ECM by myself?
    Thanks for your help folks.
    Here are some pictures of my spare camaro before and after accident.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Forged Engine and headers.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Stroker motor/4L65E Finishlinetrans Stage V/Headers

Rally Red
    2000 Camaro Z28

dump the vortec and get a D1SC. Also a 383 wouldn't be bad with all the supporting mods to the fuel system to handle the load.

sunset orange
    02 SS M6

Ouch looked like a rough one. But now your ready to go. Any good 10 spokes left on the spare car u wouldnt mind getting rid of?

Erik
    05 HEMI Ram, 96 Eclipse GST, 02 SS.

Red
    '02 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by salenn View Post
    Alright folks. I have had an 2000 Camaro SS with only Vortech SC and couple add ons (Weiand Intake etc..). I totaled the vehicle and kept it in garage for almost 15 months. Now I just bought a 1998 Z28 with A/T at very reasonable price with the same color couple days ago. Now I`ve got many spare parts two LS1s, two rear end, two 4L60E etc. I ve saved $14K to spend on this vehicle for a year. Now my question is "WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SPEND THIS MONEY?" Please do not forget that I already have a Vortech SC with aftercooler. Do you think that getting a rotating assembly 408, 427, 383 with low comp ratio is the best way or already built short block 402, 427 etc in iron block 6.0. I do not know anything about it. Please give me some information (best performance with SC and best combination like cams, stroker kit, heads, headers, ignition) I need some technical stuff like which heads, which short block or stroker kit etc. With which combination can I put the maximum boost with the Vortech SC? How can I tune up the ECM by myself?
    Thanks for your help folks.
    Here are some pictures of my spare camaro before and after accident.
    This is just an idea. But why not sell all that other sh*t you have as well, except for the SC, and get an LS7 and all accessories you will need and put the Vortech on that if possible. The main thing to consider is, how fast are you trying to go and was the first accident your fault? If it was your fault, do you think you really need a faster car, maybe sell everything and take the 14K and buy a new Malibu or an Accord, you need to slow yo ass down some. LOL!

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Damn, r u sure you could save all the stuff you mentioned? That looks like quite a nasty little crash you had there.

Blue
    2003 Z06

Ok. Firts of all this vehicle is in Istanbul, TURKEY (EUROPE) with no speed limit autobahns. I live 6 months here in Istanbul and another 6 months in Orlando,FL USA. I think this is a quite normal accident when you start to slip on autobahn when going over 140 mph. I was not the one who made the accident, I gave this vehicle to a film production company for a day to shoot a film and the guy who worked there took the car at night and made an accident with his girlfriend on the bosphorus bridge (like golden brigde in SanFrancisco).
    Why do I need LS7 engine instead of getting a stroker kit? Do you think I will have more power?
    Another think is I have to save all the other parts left from the junk car because you can not sell the vehicle to a junk yard very easy like in the States. There is no rebuild or junk title here in Turkey. It takes couple years to solve the issue between film production company insurance and my insurance. And also cases at the court between me and them. I must save the junk.

Thread Information