Need opinions bout to get cam........

This is a discussion on Need opinions bout to get cam........ within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; ok well im bout to order a ms4 cam kit with prc 675 dual springs a ls2 timing chain an ...

215 heads,ms4cam,102 fast 2000ls1tranz's Avatar

White
    2000 trans am

Smile Need opinions bout to get cam........

ok well im bout to order a ms4 cam kit with prc 675 dual springs a ls2 timing chain an a ls6 port oil pump....i think thats it am i missing anything for the swap?...also bout to order the ws9 hood...

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

GM water pump gaskets, GM timing cover seal, GM front seal, and GM harmonic balancer bolt. And depending on how many miles are on the car new lifters and trays, which then means new head bolts and head gaskets.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Which then means taking off the cylinder heads, exhaust, manifold etc........ (prepare yourself for this project if it's your first time!)

white
    2000 Z28

lingenfelter oil pump is supposed to flow more and last i saw costs around the same price. otherwise just be careful and dont try to rush anything.

White
    2000 trans am

Smile

yea forgot bout seals thanks...car only has like 68,000 so i think it might be ok there for a lil bit just change the springs/rods an stuff that u can change with the heads still on.....not ready for heads an stuff yet..money flow...lol no one yet has said anything bout my cam choice??? u think it a good one? just trying to hear what other people have to say bout it..... a buddy has it an like it ...just wonderin is theres a better one out there that gets more hp (or) faster track times..any help would be greatful..thanks

WHITE
    99 CAMARO SS

thats the cam i just orderd my buddy has one in his ss , you picked the perfect cam , sounds great if you got long tubes your car sounds mean ,alot of people wont even race you cuz the sound of your car

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by 2000ls1tranz View Post
    yea forgot bout seals thanks...car only has like 68,000 so i think it might be ok there for a lil bit just change the springs/rods an stuff that u can change with the heads still on.....not ready for heads an stuff yet..money flow...lol no one yet has said anything bout my cam choice??? u think it a good one? just trying to hear what other people have to say bout it..... a buddy has it an like it ...just wonderin is theres a better one out there that gets more hp (or) faster track times..any help would be greatful..thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 99SNAKESKINNER View Post
    thats the cam i just orderd my buddy has one in his ss , you picked the perfect cam , sounds great if you got long tubes your car sounds mean ,alot of people wont even race you cuz the sound of your car
    So will the car still be able to get dd with that cam?

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

hardend push rods should be put in at this time if you dont have a bent one now you will sone with that set up.

White
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    hardend push rods should be put in at this time if you dont have a bent one now you will sone with that set up.
    yea i order the ms4 cam kit from texas speed i think it does come with push rod but thanks im going to double check an make sure..

White
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    yea i order the ms4 cam kit from texas speed i think it does come with push rod but thanks im going to double check an make sure..

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

My advice is to skip the investment into the hood and get some cylinder heads. You need to get the SCR up for that cam.

White
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    My advice is to skip the investment into the hood and get some cylinder heads. You need to get the SCR up for that cam.
    i was thinkin that also hard choice ..need heads but want a hood i hate the reg hood...but i am really thinkin bout maybe just getting heads first....what heads would u think would be best for that cam to get the most hp???? an could u run nos with it? u think it would break over 500 hp with just ms4 cam,92 fast intake,longtubes an heads?

Awaiting Activation

SOM
    1998 T.A.

i was thinkin that also hard choice ..need heads but want a hood i hate the reg hood...but i am really thinkin bout maybe just getting heads first....what heads would u think would be best for that cam to get the most hp???? an could u run nos with it? u think it would break over 500 hp with just ms4 cam,92 fast intake,longtubes an heads?

Not 500 at the wheels......

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

u think it would break over 500 hp with just ms4 cam,92 fast intake,longtubes an heads?
    No.

Thread Information