triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

My new FTR 402 LS2 engine is coming along, After being F***ed by ARE

Hi,

just wanted to share the excitement with you guys that my new/real engine is coming along. It's a FTR 402 LS2. FTR = Full Throttle Racing Engines www.ftrengines.com
    They are the gurus that used to make what ARE ONCE was... including all the fast cars.
    ARE is now a big POS full of bullshitters/liars/assholes that rob their customers and f***s them afterwords... so beware before dealing w/ them.
    The block is now machined (tappered-free) and looking forward to having it all together and be part of the Sept-11 drag day event.
    The car shall be ready next week.
    The head/cam and pistons are already in, and are the parts I ordered/paid for. unlike ARE that not only put me wrong parts, also robbed parts I had shipped there and used on other cars and told me to F*** off !!!... no $$$, no parts, and had a ARE inpected perfect engine that tchou-tchoued like a train (I wold have built a better engine myself with ToysR-Us tools)
    Pix will follow with updates.
    :drive:

ps.: In case some don't know... BEWARE before bringing any $ to ARE (Assholes + Robbers Enterprises)... I was ripped off of over 10k$ by them to be told to F*** off because I decided to check my engine elsewhere.

Anyways, back to the positive side... my car will be back and running soon and with plenty of hp
    no nitrous for this year... have to recover from the whole the assholes (ARE) put me in. :nutkick:

For those that are unaware of the situation, here are more details:
    http://frrax.com/rrforum/index.php?act=ST&...T&f=8&t=5056&s=

Bottom line, can't wait to have an engine up and running, and make sure you deal w/ professionals.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

triple-black

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

i feel for you eugenio. but u know what kills me. the pricks like stick to their guns when they are clearly wrong. you guys can argue all you want about who called who, who said what, let us make it right. but you know what? eugenio goes to a shop under the pretenses that an engine will be built and be built correctly and to his satisfaction. ie. getting what he is paying for. and IT DIDNT HAPPEN. if you own a business that operates under the practices of well make it right when we fuck up.... then by god youll never have me as a customer. i bet the best wrenches in these forums could have built a better motor. and this isnt like even related to shoddy parts only. it appears to me that simple mundane engine building practices that are to be always followed regardless of whether you building a performance engine or a regular 4 cyl econo motor have not been followed. and then this guy says f u because you didnt show being faithful to him? why the hell would you? time passes and you have no engine. hes saying deal with the aggravation so we value you as a customer. he must think that you were born yesterday.

triple-black

triple-black

this is the latest from ARE management/owners:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pissin MAD
    EUGINIO: I've just about had it with you I will publicly say that you will never get anything from me ever again, sleep in that nice fluffy bed you just made. Go ahead bash smash & try & ruin our name. Make the nastiest comments you can think of, come to my house & take pictures, I'll even have my wife wear something sexy.

As long as you know that all of it is going to come with a price to pay to me. I've been patient with you, now you find out what kind of WORD I do have.

Take it as a threat or whatever you want.

BTW, Go Fack yourself.

Rivera Blue
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Oh S$$t,
    what are you going to do Eugenio? That dude sounds like he's cowboying up.

Rivera Blue
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Btw,
    great pics, I've never seen an Exedy clutch for an LS1(even though I knew they make them for us), I have only seen one for a mark 4 Supra up close. Pretty high quality equipment, I believe that is the same clutch (Steve/or/Rod,I can't remember right now) Millen uses in his Drift GTO.

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Someone looks pissed off

delinquent543
    way to bring a dead thread back to life...

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quotes from http://frrax.com/rrforum/index.php?act=ST&f=8&t=5056&s=

Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    I bought a set of those Patriot heads for my street car and had an immediate oil consumption problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpmaro
    I hate to say it, but I've seen nothing but trouble out of patriot heads.
    Not to change the subject, but has anyone else heard these concerns of Patriot Heads? Something I've been considering for a spring mod...hope it's not too off topic.

Eugenio_SS - Best of luck to you!

Hammer
    Hammer - hammertime.us
    2001 Light Pewter Metallic Camaro SS, 6 speed
    K&N, SLP Lid, SLP y-pipe, GMMG cat-back, Lou's Short Stick - more to come!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Myself and many a gearhead run Patriot Heads and have no issues other than keeping the fucking front wheels on the ground......fucking internet anyway...
    And if you noticed Patriot stood up to the flaw and paid for the kids problem to go away...that is the type of folks they are...lets see AFR do that....fucking right....I'll stay with Gunner and the guys at Patriot.....
    And that "pimpmaro".....what data does he provide to back up his statement? None of course....I spent some time reading his other post...fucking internet wizard mullett head cocksucker.....fucking track is something he leaves in his panties.....
    Last edited by Sarge; 12-13-2005 at 03:16 PM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

And that's all I got to say about that

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

sarge

eviLS6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge
    And that's all I got to say about that
    What a riot this thread is!

Yeah Im running patriot stg 2 heads on my ZO6, with longtubes, a 220/224 .580/.580 114, Im throwing down 404/395 rwhp at 6k rpm, if it wasnt for a harmonics issue with the crane rocker arms It wouldve probably put down 420rwhp at 6500 rpm, not bad considering the size of the cam, oh yeah 91 octane too. Ive had them for 5k miles, for the $ they make great power. And yeah Gunner and patriot are stand up, they did help out those few that have dropped valves and other dumb shit.

No problems with the heads, but one issue for sure is with the valves at 2.02/1.62 I cant run more than 230 dur. or so or the exhaust valve will hit the top of the piston. This isnt an issue with AFR's or stock valved heads.

I hear there is a fix for the harmonic issue, xtrooper supposedly had the same dip in his powerband and he changed his springs to dual crane springs with a shim and the dip went away. I plan on doing this soon.

Wanta B. Faster
    I would like to invest more money in my ls1. I want to buy a procarger supercharger, would i need to upgrade the heads

eviLS6
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanta B. Faster
    I would like to invest more money in my ls1. I want to buy a procarger supercharger, would i need to upgrade the heads
    Well its obvious your not to savvy with an LS1, but Im gonna help anyways. No you dont need to upgrade your heads, you could get a set of 6.0 LQ9 heads to drop the compression to 9.5:1, with that done you could run a smaller impeller pulley and run more boost.

I wouldnt do any of that though, unless you have a lot of $$ lying around I wouldnt slap a blower on a stock f-body and call it a day. When I had my 98 I bolted a Vortech 9 psi kit on, that and a Mcleod twin disk clutch, boy did I have some issues the next couple of years. I did the subframe connectors afterwards, and my frame was already tweaked. Then I went through two stock 10 bolts on street tires before biting the bullet and purchasing a Moser 12 bolt rear end.

Oh then I started shearing torque arms where the torque arm bolts up to the rear end, it happened twice and although I used loctite one of the bolts worked its way counter clockwise out and then with the power I was making (500 rwhp) the other bolt ripped right through the cheap OE stamped unit.

Oh and the joy of getting the slave cylinder to work right with the mcleod, that was fun. Altogether it was a nightmare, I initially purchased a $5k dollar blower and a $1200 clutch thinking I would be good, in the end I had $20k in the fucking car.

DO NOT SLAP A PROCHARGER ON YOUR F BODY UNLESS YOU HAVE SOME COMMON WRENCHING KNOWLEDGE OR A SHIT LOAD OF $$!

Thread Information