Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

My Build Thread!

This is a discussion on My Build Thread! within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by tep98ws6 not yet. im crunched as is with time. i plan on doing a few more things ...

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    not yet. im crunched as is with time. i plan on doing a few more things but just not this time. i wanted to get the huge things out of the way.
    once everything is done and back in the car it still would just take an afternoon to pull the intake and mod/swap the cover and add a catch can

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    once everything is done and back in the car it still would just take an afternoon to pull the intake and mod/swap the cover and add a catch can

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

That is true
    just lookin out for my peeps

white
    01 formula

Tep if your dad doesnt wanna do your headers ill gladly do them for ya. and the pacesetter Y is what i went with from the KY sponsor on here and had it in less than two days. fits decent but theres a trick to getting it on. and the option headers if your removing the egr and air you may think of taking them to a welding shop to have the piping for the egr and air removed and welded over with stainless. and yes they do turn colors fast but it looks good still. and well youve heard them and they do give a lil power even without the tune.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by fieropope View Post
    Tep if your dad doesnt wanna do your headers ill gladly do them for ya. and the pacesetter Y is what i went with from the KY sponsor on here and had it in less than two days. fits decent but theres a trick to getting it on. and the option headers if your removing the egr and air you may think of taking them to a welding shop to have the piping for the egr and air removed and welded over with stainless. and yes they do turn colors fast but it looks good still. and well youve heard them and they do give a lil power even without the tune.
    if he won't do them and im hurting still ... you can install em for me and i'll tune yours for you if you'd like even exchange there. i'd probs skip the welding shop cuz bf welds and could probs do it for me. but i'll let you know on that. i just gotta see how i feel in the next couple of weeks

white
    01 formula

yeah im gunna take mine back off and do the pipes on mine with my h/c swap and tig mine up.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by fieropope View Post
    yeah im gunna take mine back off and do the pipes on mine with my h/c swap and tig mine up.
    if I would have known a week ago mine was going to be down for over a week I would have dropped my headers off at the shop down the street from my house and had them powder coated.....but I didn't want to have the down time of 3 days lol......oh well, maybe some day I'll just get $1,200 stainless Kooks headers for bday or Christmas

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Lol and I'm a girl! I've had three people offer to pay me to port their heads after seeing mine I am missing Brett hull night At the blues game and my lil sisters 21st birthday dinner with the first reunion of my mom and step mom since they were friends 12 years ago to finish my engine.... Damn the luck but my car will be running in 48 +/-hours so
    Did you have them on a flow bench? If so how much did they flow? Not hatin at all but this thread wouldn't have made it past 1 page if it weren't a good lookin gal rebuilding her motor

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Did you have them on a flow bench? If so how much did they flow? Not hatin at all but this thread wouldn't have made it past 1 page if it weren't a good lookin gal rebuilding her motor
    Yeah it was like 296cc intake 194cc exhaust
    turns out I gotta half day it at work tomorrow. Oh darn

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

all that's left is trans bolting on, bolt the k-member up and plug in! tune & dyno tonight also

all that i've run into was the pesky front cover (had to take almost 1/8" out of cover to clear oil pump ), some fuckin bosnian moron painted over my coil packs & rail last night so i had to repaint them black to get the red off of them and now they don't look as good and had some issues with the clutch but all was resolved and it's time to bring this baby home in 12 +/- hours

took 12 class days to finish from remove, install to tune/dyno. i'm pretty happy with it, proud as hell and ready for a fat nap

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

looking better with every pic

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    looking better with every pic
    thanks! i'll have better pics and some video tonight

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

good deal. are you going to retune it after brake-in? when we put the cam in my car my tuner put just a basic tune in then had me change the oil every 100 miles for 500 total miles then we put the final tune in it.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

good deal. are you going to retune it after brake-in? when we put the cam in my car my tuner put just a basic tune in then had me change the oil every 100 miles for 500 total miles then we put the final tune in it.
    yeah ... i get my injectors next week (so i'll be using 28# until tuesday i think is when they come in) and my headers shortly after so i'll definitely need a retune. but i need to do one tonight bc i have to tune out my knock sensors, rear o2's, AIR & EGR then set the timing and she's good to go

Red
    2001 Trash Can

yeah ... i get my injectors next week (so i'll be using 28# until tuesday i think is when they come in) and my headers shortly after so i'll definitely need a retune. but i need to do one tonight bc i have to tune out my knock sensors, rear o2's, AIR & EGR then set the timing and she's good to go
    I'm no tuning expert but I thought I read that you aren't supposed to tune out knock sensors...? Great job on the build I bet you feel proud of yourself I know I did when I finally got my motor back in lol. Looking forward to #'s

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

I'm no tuning expert but I thought I read that you aren't supposed to tune out knock sensors...? Great job on the build I bet you feel proud of yourself I know I did when I finally got my motor back in lol. Looking forward to #'s
    i was thinking the same thing

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

I tuned out my knock sensors and rear o2s probably back in sept and havnt looked back. So I'm gonna do that plus air and egr

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

all that's left is trans bolting on, bolt the k-member up and plug in! tune & dyno tonight also

all that i've run into was the pesky front cover (had to take almost 1/8" out of cover to clear oil pump ), some fuckin bosnian moron painted over my coil packs & rail last night so i had to repaint them black to get the red off of them and now they don't look as good and had some issues with the clutch but all was resolved and it's time to bring this baby home in 12 +/- hours

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

took 12 class days to finish from remove, install to tune/dyno. i'm pretty happy with it, proud as hell and ready for a fat nap
    Looking sweet Tep!! I really like the color choice too..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Click for full size
    har har
    Marry me?

Seriously though, a girl that can do shit I can't even do (tuning makes me wanna ), drives a f-body, CAN ACTUALLY drive a manual, and is gorgeous to boot...NEVER thought it was possible.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

^
    i was thinking the same thing
    ^
    I tuned out my knock sensors and rear o2s probably back in sept and havnt looked back. So I'm gonna do that plus air and egr
    why would you tune out your knock sensors ?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information