Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

My Build Thread!

This is a discussion on My Build Thread! within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; some stuff i didn't put up. i like my timing gears engine should be done tonight, installed tomorrow...

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

some stuff i didn't put up. i like my timing gears

engine should be done tonight, installed tomorrow

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    I do my own dyno tuning

yes J, I eventually got in but the time lost has got to be made up tomorrow ... 5-? I talked my instructor into degreeing my cam while I'm at work haha. Tomorrow I should have the engine done to go back in on Wednesday. I came in to find my rear gaskets and valve seals missing

by my timing gears are pretty. They're real neat
    if it makes you feel any better the parts store called me yesterday to let me know my pushrod was in......worked an 18 day and headed strait to the parts store.....got there at 8:10 last night to findout they now close at 8 on mondays

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Are other students stealing your parts just to mess with you? If so, someone needs shot!

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Are other students stealing your parts just to mess with you? If so, someone needs shot!
    I have no idea. I did take someone else's valve seals and I'm swapping my worn out front coil overs withthe z28 project that never got finished haha

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Question

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    if it makes you feel any better the parts store called me yesterday to let me know my pushrod was in......worked an 18 day and headed strait to the parts store.....got there at 8:10 last night to findout they now close at 8 on mondays
    Was it advanced auto? I ran down there last night 8:10pm ish to grab a battery and they had all the lights on but were closed. They used to close @ 10pm here ...
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Looking sweet Tep! I think I'm going to import you to the burg to finish my motor too!! You've gotten more acomplished in 2 weeks than I have all year damit and I have about 140 less cubes and 2 less cyclinders

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Looking sweet Tep! I think I'm going to import you to the burg to finish my motor too!! You've gotten more acomplished in 2 weeks than I have all year damit and I have about 140 less cubes and 2 less cyclinders
    Lol and I'm a girl! I've had three people offer to pay me to port their heads after seeing mine I am missing Brett hull night At the blues game and my lil sisters 21st birthday dinner with the first reunion of my mom and step mom since they were friends 12 years ago to finish my engine.... Damn the luck but my car will be running in 48 +/-hours so

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Lol and I'm a girl! I've had three people offer to pay me to port their heads after seeing mine I am missing Brett hull night At the blues game and my lil sisters 21st birthday dinner with the first reunion of my mom and step mom since they were friends 12 years ago to finish my engine.... Damn the luck but my car will be running in 48 +/-hours so
    Nothin wrong with bein' a girl and good @ what you do that's fo sure. But in my defence I had to tear my motor apart again, there just was'nt something right with the way a couple of head bolts felt when I torqued them down. Found effin dry bead media down in 3 of the holes from the bead blaster Luckly I stoppped but now I'm bare block again it scared me enough to just pull it down and recheck everything. Had it pretty much assembled (meaning just engine see build pics) now it sits in pieces again my wife came in and said, "why is the engine apart again?" I did'nt say a word, she said,"ookaaay" and walked away. I was ready to take a sledge hammer to it or my head one of the two..

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Nothin wrong with bein' a girl and good @ what you do that's fo sure. But in my defence I had to tear my motor apart again, there just was'nt something right with the way a couple of head bolts felt when I torqued them down. Found effin dry bead media down in 3 of the holes from the bead blaster Luckly I stoppped but now I'm bare block again it scared me enough to just pull it down and recheck everything. Had it pretty much assembled (meaning just engine see build pics) now it sits in pieces again my wife came in and said, "why is the engine apart again?" I did'nt say a word, she said,"ookaaay" and walked away. I was ready to take a sledge hammer to it or my head one of the two..
    You'll get it done

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Was it advanced auto? I ran down there last night 8:10pm ish to grab a battery and they had all the lights on but were closed. They used to close @ 10pm here ...
    we have winter hours here.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    we have winter hours here.
    all of our auto places do too. i thought it had to do with most places i go to are in the hood. i feel better about that now

White
    2008 Hummer H3

You'll get it done
    Yeah I know, but sucks anyways.. Oh incase you're wondering it was glass bead media and low speed.. Does'nt harm it but you have to be more attentive to dust that gets left behind. Since before I started it was a well maintained running motor I did'nt bother having it tanked, so I took it to a old friends alternator shop to try his bead blaster for something different it does an awsome job on aluminum cases so I figured what the hell..But I'll never do it again..

hugger orange

yup, Advance auto lol
    I ordered 1 stock push rod to get the car tuned and running while I wait on the chrome moly rods to get here from Wyoming

White
    2008 Hummer H3

yup, Advance auto lol
    I ordered 1 stock push rod to get the car tuned and running while I wait on the chrome moly rods to get here from Wyoming
    You know when you get it all back together you're gonna find that push rod least that's how it always seems to go for me..

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

You know when you get it all back together you're gonna find that push rod least that's how it always seems to go for me..
    that's how my exhaust valves will be

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Was gonna say since you've got it all apart you should see if you can find an ls6 valley cover. The ls6 is a better designed pcv system

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Was gonna say since you've got it all apart you should see if you can find an ls6 valley cover. The ls6 is a better designed pcv system
    that's weird, I just looked at the pic of the cover and thought the same thing.......could just drill/tap a hole in the front corner of the cover and screw in a 90 and barb fitting

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

that's weird, I just looked at the pic of the cover and thought the same thing.......could just drill/tap a hole in the front corner of the cover and screw in a 90 and barb fitting
    Not sure if that would work. I got my cover and it has some crap under there i dont even know about.

tep- are you gonna install a catch can?

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Not sure if that would work. I got my cover and it has some crap under there i dont even know about.

tep- are you gonna install a catch can?
    not yet. im crunched as is with time. i plan on doing a few more things but just not this time. i wanted to get the huge things out of the way.

hugger orange

I'm sure I'll find it next week lol

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information