Thread: Ms3 4????

Black
    2002 SS camaro

Ms3 4????

ok guys need some help, dont no what cam i want, im stuck between the ms3 an ms4. does any 1 have any info they would like to share, maybe if they have it ornosome 1 who does. thanks guys

mods:
    LT 3in exhaust
    cut out
    ram HD clutch
    13 LB flywheel

Citrus(burn't) Orange
    2001 Camaro SS

Yea i was kinda wondering the same question. I think im gonna go with the MS3 but nothing is set in stone yet.

Awaiting Activation

SOM
    1998 T.A.

Even though it is a little bigger ms4 makes a little more down low because of the lobe design. It uses an LSK lobe on the intake as opposed to an X-ER lobe on the MS3.

The downside is you will be changing springs more often......
    Last edited by SOMbitch; 12-10-2009 at 07:21 AM.

2000 Camaro B4C

IMO the MS3 is a more "proven" cam....lots of ppl have it and it makes damn good power
    2000 B4C Special Service Package Z28 - Kooks 1&7/8 Stepped 2'' - TSP Torquer V.2 - FAST 92/92 - BDR 4000 Conveter - Xtreme Trans Stage II - Full UMI Suspension - Pacesetter LT's - Comp Drag Shocks - Magnaflow - Cutout - ZO6 MAF - FTP LID - Street Tuned -

NBM
    1998Z28

With a good set of heads the MS4 makes a nice wide fat torque curve. I have mine on a 111 so the power comes on earlier. I run an 4l60e tranny so I really don't know how it would be in a M6 Camaro. But it ought to scream with them 4.10 rear gears. Call TSP and talk to Jon Reynolds.
    TSP 347 SB, TSP Stage 2.5 PRC LS6, TSP MS4, Performabuilt Stage 2 4L60E, Yank PT4000, 4.11s, Fast 90/90, FTRA Cold air intake+all the free mods, Dynatech Supermaxx Exaust System, DMH Cutouts, Hooker Catback/FTRA Tips. Tuned by RPM/Garner NC. 11.28@119

Black
    2002 SS camaro

sooo what im getting from this is just go BIG I wanted to do the ms4 but i also like to drive it to O.C in the summer witch is about 3hrs an i no to big of cam there really not a good "driving" cam if ya no what i mean

NBM
    1998Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 02_slp_ss View Post
    sooo what im getting from this is just go BIG I wanted to do the ms4 but i also like to drive it to O.C in the summer witch is about 3hrs an i no to big of cam there really not a good "driving" cam if ya no what i mean
    I recently broke the 10 bolt again. I bought a take out rearend that was suppose to have been taken out of a 6 speed Camaro. So I figured there isn't that much difference between 3.42s and 3.73s so it ought to be fine. Well to make a long story short they turned out to be 2.73s. So my speedometer is 20 mph off. If it says 50 mph its running 70.
    I've driving it everyday to work if it isn't raining and it has been quite happy idleing at 1500 running 60 mph for quite awhile now. And no it doesn't surge or buck cause thats all in the tune. I'll probally go back to 3.73s or 4.10s myself before new spring.

Awaiting Activation

SOM
    1998 T.A.

I personally opted for a smaller cam (230/234/111LSA) but I have ridden in geared MS4 cars and they had pretty good manners once warmed up.

As far as not being a "proven cam" LOL. IIRC they came out in 06......

Black
    2002 SS camaro

ok now i am leaning 4 the ms4, but i heard thats a high rpm cam, makes all the power up high an not much on the low side, is that true

Awaiting Activation

SOM
    1998 T.A.

Yes it is a topend cam that is why it is best to have a a 4k up convertor or steep gears on M6 cars. It shines in the 4k-7k rpm range......

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

ok now i am leaning 4 the ms4, but i heard thats a high rpm cam, makes all the power up high an not much on the low side, is that true
    Yep, is that what you want?

Black
    2002 SS camaro

yea but if i got a 111 lsa instead of for say a 112 or higher the power would come on alittle sooner right? an also what is a stock bottom end good up to. 80k on the car, or would it be smart to just put new bearings rod bolts an main cap bolts? just woundering because i dont need another hole to drain oil from lol

hugger orange

just wait til the end of the weekend and you'll get to hear and see a big cam and if it drives good

hugger orange

yea but if i got a 111 lsa instead of for say a 112 or higher the power would come on alittle sooner right? an also what is a stock bottom end good up to. 80k on the car, or would it be smart to just put new bearings rod bolts an main cap bolts? just woundering because i dont need another hole to drain oil from lol
    I just bought the Katech rod bolts for $199.....the rod bolts are the weak point in the bottom end, and get a high volume oil pump too

Thread Information