Silver/Pewter
    2000 C5 Corvette 6psd

most aggressive smog sniffer passing cam for CA

Hey guys, so I have a 2000 c5 corvette with a 6spd, and a handfull of bolton's. (LG street long tube headers, x pipe, high flow cats, borla stingers, hurricane ram air intake, bigger throttle body & MAF, TB bypass, dynotuned (for the headers) 178 thermo. My car is putting out 350rwhp right now and I'm looking for a nice boost to get it closer to the 400rwhp range. My car is 50 state legal (except the headers, but those pass the sniffer with my cats and I got the visual taken care of), and I'm looking to add a new cam to it. I hear that a 224/224 114lsa cam is the biggest cam you can put on an LS1 and still pass smog in CA, and I'm prolly going for it. (Ill swap to a ZO6 intake at the same time). Anybody with this cam? Like it? is it driveable/not TOO bad of an idle/reliable? Give me your thoughts. Thanks.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

The 224/224 cam on a 114 LSA is a relatively mild cam that is well regarded for its great street manners and solid low to mid range power. You should still net a nice gain up top as well. While I can't speak as to whether or not you're going to pass the CA smog sniffer, I am confident you will get a noticeable increase in power throughout the band and the car will still be very reliable as a daily driver.

I went with a cam that is slightly larger than that on a 112 LSA. The net result was a slightly choppier idle and perhaps a bit more power up top, however these cams are all producing very similar power numbers (keep an eye on the torque figures....that will be important if you're looking for power throughout the band on the streets). My car is a bit more particular about adding a little gas when coming off of the clutch, however it is still very reliable as a daily driver. Ultimately, there are plenty of folks with these relatively mild cams pumping out 420+ rwhp and 400+ tq with supporting mods (heads, intake, LT, etc.).
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.

1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Hotcam.

California is very picky. TR224 on a 114 with a good tune should pass.

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

Dude you should talk to my buddy Rob at advance dyno in susin ca. its over their by fairfield he does everything from dyno tuning to cam's, heads, the whole thing. give him a call and tell him what you want. He has cheater cams to pass the sniffer and still give you decent power..

Thread Information