Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

misfiring still ocurring!!!

This is a discussion on misfiring still ocurring!!! within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Hold up man; you cant replace your engine because one cylinder has no compression without knowing what is wrong with ...

black
    2002 ss

woah!!!!!

Hold up man; you cant replace your engine because one cylinder has no compression without knowing what is wrong with it. CHilllll. What if it is just a headgasket? get who ever did your compression test to do a cylinder leakdown test to find out if its leaking off to another cylinder, or back thru a valve. either way the heads got to come off so the gasket can be replaced or your machine shop can repair the head/valve. Dont go spending crazy cash when you dont have to. ...oh and if you do replace the engine; do a search at www.nicb.org on the donor cars vin before you buy it so that you know it wasnt sunk. Usually wrecking yards reference the vin# with parts for inventory, so they should know what car it came off. NO point in putting an anchor where your engine was
    Last edited by dexcool; 01-01-2006 at 04:54 AM.

silver
    2000 camaro ss

i had many thourough tests done by a very reputable diagnostic guy recommended by several people. he did many tests including a test where he pressurized the block and if it leaked through the top around the valves it was in the valvetrain and if it came out the exhaust it was the block. it came out the exhaust. anyways fbody motorsports is gonna do my work but hes gonna take a look himself before he does anything drastic.

silver
    2000 camaro ss

also if they do do this im gonna go ahead and get a cam put in and maaybe heads, im gonna go with the afr 205cc heads and i was wondering about the cam, it will be a daily driver so i def. want a 114lsa, tsp can get a twp torquer isn a 114 lsa. do you think this is too aggresive , any reccomendations??? i want the absolute most power while staying emissions leagal and keeping a pretty lost to stock idle. it can be a little rougher on idle but not much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information