Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Metallic Oil

This is a discussion on Metallic Oil within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; No update yet. The car is at the shop, but they have to free up a lift that they wont ...

Pewter
    2000 Z28

No update yet. The car is at the shop, but they have to free up a lift that they wont miss for a while when the engine goes to the builder. Engine should be out today or tomorrow as I was told on the phone yesterday. Not trying to keep everyone in suspense, just didnt want to keep bumping a thread for nothing. Ill let you all know when I do. I promise.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

let us know what kind of motor setup are you going with when you find out the kinks.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

WOW. No update to the thread. Looks like the V8 went to the WOT 4 cylinder club.

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    WOW. No update to the thread. Looks like the V8 went to the WOT 4 cylinder club.

Yeah.................................... no. Four cylinder is for commuting in winter. However, seeing as I live in New England, and there was black ice this morning, I told the mechanic there was no need to rush. I drove down to the shop on Sunday, and the car hadn't been pulled in yet. No big deal. It will be back.
    FOR SALE 2000 Z28 M6
    It's pretty much Raw Awesome

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i bet there isn't much damage... a cyl hone and you're good as new... *knock on wood*

Pewter
    2000 Z28

So I just got off the phone with my mechanic. The news is not good. Not only is the engine fragged, but the rear left wheel is seized up, and the right spins, but "clunks". The entire front suspension (except for the struts) needs to be rebuilt (tie rods, control arms, bushings, ball joints) and the brakes are all seized. So instead of a 5g bill for an engine rebuild and upgrade, and another g for a trans rebuild, he said realistically, 8-10 total. FUCK!@!

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by buswwa View Post
    So I just got off the phone with my mechanic. The news is not good. Not only is the engine fragged, but the rear left wheel is seized up, and the right spins, but "clunks". The entire front suspension (except for the struts) needs to be rebuilt (tie rods, control arms, bushings, ball joints) and the brakes are all seized. So instead of a 5g bill for an engine rebuild and upgrade, and another g for a trans rebuild, he said realistically, 8-10 total. FUCK!@!
    Sorry to hear about the bad luck, this might help you save a bit of money though. Look into getting a crate LS6. I have seen them going for about 3k which might be the same or cheaper then your guy is offering for motor parts.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    Sorry to hear about the bad luck, this might help you save a bit of money though. Look into getting a crate LS6. I have seen them going for about 3k which might be the same or cheaper then your guy is offering for motor parts.
    i got mine at a cheaper price than a crate LS1... when i got my LS6 it cost me some where around $4,200.00 the LS1 were going for $4,600... i'm not sure what the going price is for them now...

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

How about you go shopping for used motors. You can pick up an lq9 or an ls series these day with low mileage for 3000 and under, most of the guys selling them include a tranny with it. Also how did all the brakes end up being seized you were on the freeway when shit went down and apparently made it home-sounds wierd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information