Results 1 to 16 of 16

Magic Stick

This is a discussion on Magic Stick within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; does anyone on the forums hace one of these in their ride, im seriously considering either the ms3 or 4. ...

  1. #1
    Member 02fbody35th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    scranton,pa
    Age
    31
    Posts
    279

    red
    2002 camaro 35th anv.

    Magic Stick

    does anyone on the forums hace one of these in their ride, im seriously considering either the ms3 or 4. But i wanted to know if this is a good street use, reliable cam. And also what is involved, can i just swap the cam or do i need to change the heads, or valvetrain as well. thanks for the advice

  2. #2
    Member 02fbody35th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    scranton,pa
    Age
    31
    Posts
    279

    red
    2002 camaro 35th anv.

    actually, i have changed my mind already, after doing a little further research on the forums i think i might go with the 228R with the 112 LSA. I read that the MS3 is more of a top end cam with little torque gain and thats not really what im looking for. But i would like to change the heads as well. I want to keep the engine NA but still run 93 octane fuel, any ideas on the heads that work with this application would be appreciated

  3. #3
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    You have no idea how much you just changed your mind do you?

    PRC for a budget build


    AFR 205's for a fucking mean low end - mid range badass street/strip car

  4. #4
    Tatasta rcleveland@barrick.c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    43

    Black
    '99 TA

    +1 on that! ^^

  5. #5
    Member SS201's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SW KANSAS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    146

    Pewter
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS

    I have a MS4, I couldn't tell you all about it, I just know it sounds great, rocks my engies on idle, well the whole car for that matter. It's realiable, never have had any problems.

  6. #6
    Dealing Powder ntimid8r7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Saint Cloud,FL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    194

    1994 Z28 MQBM
    2001 SS #1629 LPM

    My friend has the MS3 in his SS. You don't have to change the heads but you will need double valve springs because the MS3 is a high lift cam, .605 if I recall.

    Last edited by ntimid8r7; 04-30-2009 at 01:21 PM.

  7. #7
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    .603 .609

    the 4 is damn near .650 lift.

  8. #8
    My Neighbors Hate Me!!! lvbroham1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lee, Virginia
    Posts
    374

    Artic White
    2001 Chevy Camaro SS

    I have the MS4 cam from texas speed, it's very big cam with a high lift. Its street manners are ok if you have a good tuner. Mine is a garage queen so there's no way I can compare it to a dd. Swapped the heads out when doing it also, sounds mean as hell, but will sound tamer when I get my exhaust done. Here's a clip of me pulling out of my garage.

  9. #9
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by lvbroham1 View Post
    I have the MS4 cam from texas speed, it's very big cam with a high lift. Its street manners are ok if you have a good tuner. Mine is a garage queen so there's no way I can compare it to a dd. Swapped the heads out when doing it also, sounds mean as hell, but will sound tamer when I get my exhaust done. Here's a clip of me pulling out of my garage.
    man that thing sounds sweet

  10. #10
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    Quote Originally Posted by 02fbody35th View Post
    actually, i have changed my mind already, after doing a little further research on the forums i think i might go with the 228R with the 112 LSA. I read that the MS3 is more of a top end cam with little torque gain and thats not really what im looking for. But i would like to change the heads as well. I want to keep the engine NA but still run 93 octane fuel, any ideas on the heads that work with this application would be appreciated
    MS3 will be a better performer.

  11. #11
    My Neighbors Hate Me!!! lvbroham1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lee, Virginia
    Posts
    374

    Artic White
    2001 Chevy Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    man that thing sounds sweet
    Thanks!!!

  12. #12
    Member WS6ICK2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pittsboro NC
    Posts
    587

    Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    MS3 will be a better performer.
    2nd that somtimes bigger isnt always better.

  13. #13
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    Quote Originally Posted by WS6ICK2K View Post
    2nd that somtimes bigger isnt always better.
    MS3 is a proven performer at the track. No 228 cam has anything on it there. Sorry.

  14. #14
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    MS3 is a proven performer at the track. No 228 cam has anything on it there. Sorry.
    Its not always about the track.


    Im waiting on the Gods Penis line from Y2k...

  15. #15
    Member jambofla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northwest Florida
    Posts
    409

    Black
    2002 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r7 View Post
    My friend has the MS3 in his SS. You don't have to change the heads but you will need double valve springs because the MS3 is a high lift cam, .605 if I recall.

    Sounds great

  16. #16
    Member jambofla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northwest Florida
    Posts
    409

    Black
    2002 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by lvbroham1 View Post
    I have the MS4 cam from texas speed, it's very big cam with a high lift. Its street manners are ok if you have a good tuner. Mine is a garage queen so there's no way I can compare it to a dd. Swapped the heads out when doing it also, sounds mean as hell, but will sound tamer when I get my exhaust done. Here's a clip of me pulling out of my garage.
    That's pretty radical
    like to hear it after it's warmed up
    very cool!
    what heads?
    Last edited by jambofla; 05-15-2009 at 02:59 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 5.3 and the Magic stick 3
    By slims00ls1z28 in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 08:23 PM
  2. Who's using the magic stick 4
    By stunna p in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 08:35 PM
  3. fs: magic stick 3 cam
    By adam0321 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 04:11 PM
  4. WTB magic stick v.3 cam
    By miller456 in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 09:39 AM
  5. 224, 228 magic stick?
    By Lucas in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 01:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •