1BADLS1

Black
    2000 T/A LS1 M6

which lsx heads are compatible with my ls1

ok so i am wanting to eventually upgrade my stock ls1 241 heads to something better to go with my cam, lt header, ory pipe install this winter. i do not want to go drop thousands on a set of heads. i have been looking on parts classifieds on forums but to be honest, i have no idea what numbers i should be looking for.

so which heads off other ls motors are compatible with my 2000 ls1. i'd like to avoid upgrading my intake but that is not out of the question. there is just too many options for a newbie like are ls2 or ls3 heads compatible? what about these 243 numbered heads and what not. i did read the sticky on here about all that but i am still lost thanks guys

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by wvbrett View Post
    ok so i am wanting to eventually upgrade my stock ls1 241 heads to something better to go with my cam, lt header, ory pipe install this winter. i do not want to go drop thousands on a set of heads. i have been looking on parts classifieds on forums but to be honest, i have no idea what numbers i should be looking for.

so which heads off other ls motors are compatible with my 2000 ls1. i'd like to avoid upgrading my intake but that is not out of the question. there is just too many options for a newbie like are ls2 or ls3 heads compatible? what about these 243 numbered heads and what not. i did read the sticky on here about all that but i am still lost thanks guys
    Any heads with Cathedral Intake Ports, as seen below:

243 Heads flow better than stock LS1 heads (853 or 241). I ran ported 5.3L heads off of a LM7 (truck motor). They outflowed ported 243 heads, but I think that's because I pushed the limit with the porting and went beyond the normal on the CNC machine. Also, stock 5.3L heads have a smaller combustion chamber, so you can bump the compression higher than stock. I had mine milled, so my compression was over 11:1.

1BADLS1

Black
    2000 T/A LS1 M6

thanks for the info. i have done some research. i think i am going to go with a good, used set of ls6 heads

Thread Information