Black
    C5 M6 Vette

LS6 Intake w/out EGR

Was just wondering if there was anyplace to buy a LS6 Intake w/out the egr modifications. I know that there probably is no real point to it and as long as I have the EGR off it wont matter, it's just personal prefrence.

My plan is to get PaceSetters, ORY, Bassani CatBack, UnderDrive w/ 160 stat, and LS6 intake while getting a handheld to delete the rear 02s and EGR and Air! system. Aslo gonna get 373s and some SFCs and a panhard bar.

Finnaly got the $$ to buy a real LS1 so I can stop posing as one in my 98 V6 Bird. Heh.

Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

I believe all of the LS6 intakes came without EGR. I have seen you can buy an LS6 intake that has been modified to use EGR, but the 01 and 02 F-bodies didn't use EGR and they got the LS6 intake. A guy asked me the other day what I wanted for the LS6 intake off of my WS-6, but after looking at the prices of those things I might want to keep mine in case I ever want one in the future.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

simple just check out our sponsors and order an Ls6 intake without the EGR provisions. hell it's cheaper than ordering one that has the EGR provisions. if you don't want to go new, they show up for sale from time to time, but you have to jump fast...
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Blue
    99 Z28

I have yet to see an ls6 with EGR, I didn't know they made them. I have an ls6 IM w/out EGR.

shouldn't this be in "External Engine"?

Black
    C5 M6 Vette

I went to Summit to see what the $$ was for an LS6 intake on a 99 T/A. The ONLY SLP option was 'with' EGR. Now if I bought one for a 2001/2002 I can get one w/out EGR HOWEVER.......................I have no guarantee they are completely interchangable without some extra part. Remeber the bottom of the LS1 intake is FLAT, and the LS6 intake is not. Now if you guys tell me I can put one in without any extra pieces that's cool, just remeber I'm goin from 99 LS1 to 2001+ LS1 Part.

Also if this is external engine I'm srry, plz move it. I just want my question answered

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

you will just need to get the Ls6 coolant lines (40-50 bucks) and you will have no issues. it is a direct bolt-on part...

thats your extra part...

oh and dont worry about where it's posted, bro. your question will still get answered...

Black
    C5 M6 Vette

Thanx SSwt00SS, you helped a bunch.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by BanditTransAm View Post
    Was just wondering if there was anyplace to buy a LS6 Intake w/out the egr modifications. I know that there probably is no real point to it and as long as I have the EGR off it wont matter, it's just personal prefrence.

My plan is to get PaceSetters, ORY, Bassani CatBack, UnderDrive w/ 160 stat, and LS6 intake while getting a handheld to delete the rear 02s and EGR and Air! system. Aslo gonna get 373s and some SFCs and a panhard bar.

Finnaly got the $$ to buy a real LS1 so I can stop posing as one in my 98 V6 Bird. Heh.
    LS6 intake manifolds do not have EGR... none of them...

Black
    C5 M6 Vette

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

OK, does anyone still wanna tell me I'm wrong? I doubt it.

Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

Ok here ya go so we are all on the same page. If you want the intake that DOES NOT have the EGR provision google part number 30039. If you want the LS6 manifold that has been modified to accept EGR use but still have the extra flow of the LS6 manifold then you want part number 30041. It looks like the standard LS6 manifold (no EGR) is running around $400 to $450. The modified manifold is about $50 to $75 more expensive. Or you could try a junkyard and maybe pick one up used for a little less money. Make sure you get a kit that says it includes all hardware and the coolant lines. I don't want to post names of sites that sell them, but if you google the PN you want you will get at least 5 sites and you can go from there. Oh yeah and just a hint into the install in case you have never done it before WATCH OUT for the oil pressure sender behind the manifold. The vacuum connection for the brake booster wraps around it very nicely and if you don't lift the back of the manifold you will find yourself replacing the sender. I may get in trouble for this but here are the instructions from F.A.S.T. for their manifolds much of the stuff should be similar. http://www.fuelairspark.com/Instructions/147.asp My best advice for you in to take your time and do things right once. Save the speed contest for when you are more familiar with things.

Blue
    99 Z28

Ya, I had to get the coolant lines when I got my ls6 IM, but $40-$50? I don't remember paying that much for them. Anyway, good luck with the swap.

Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

Bandit Trans Am, you have the intakes design reversed!! The LS6 intake is flatter at its base than the LS1 intake! Provisions for 2000's and early models would have intakes with the EGR tube molded in already (LS1), where as the 2001 and later LS1's come already without the EGR because thats the way it came from the factory (LS6). Installing them would be the same, even though the early models will have more steam tubes than the later models, just torque them down in sequence properly to avoid a leak!!

RED
    2000 Camaro SS

You should be able to find a used LS6 intake on the boards for $300 shipped. Check out ls1tech too. Only the SLP LS6 intake was modified for the EGR.

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

On EBay

On eBay as we speak. No it is not my ad.
    SLP LS6 intake manifold, with EGR mod, z06 corvette Item number: 280124365181
    2000 Z28 M6, SLP Lid, SLP Bellows, SLP UD,
    P&P Maf, TB By-Pass, PS Shorties, LS6 Intake, FAST 78mm TB, Hooker CB, Hurst Billet, Front Tower Brace, small 218/218....527/527....114 cam.
    337rwhp/348rwtq

Artic White
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    LS6 intake manifolds do not have EGR... none of them...
    Umm, mine does. Want some pics?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by brokenls1 View Post
    Umm, mine does. Want some pics?
    Is it an SLP LS6 that has been fitted with the EGR port??

What I think he means is no stock car came with an LS6 manifold with EGR, its only aftermarket.

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

Correct

I believe from what I have read you are correct. I opted for EGR to keep the under hood stock appearance.

Thread Information