Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LS2 heads on 2001 LS1

This is a discussion on LS2 heads on 2001 LS1 within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I think down the road you'll find the loudmouth to be raspy with the LT's. There's a thread in the ...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I think down the road you'll find the loudmouth to be raspy with the LT's. There's a thread in the external forum that has sound clips of Mr Lous' car with LT's and a loudmouth on it. Personally, the rasp doesn't bother me to much but I'm kind of a "the louder the better" type of person. You have a pretty decent jump on some mods. I would start looking at headers pretty seriously. Since you have the truck can I assume this isn't your daily driver? I was pretty impressed with the Nitto 555R's when I first put them on. I got ~13k miles out of my first set which isn't bad considering the traction you gain on the street with them. They're not the best drag radial out there but IMO they're a good mix of traction and mileage.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I think down the road you'll find the loudmouth to be raspy with the LT's. There's a thread in the external forum that has sound clips of Mr Lous' car with LT's and a loudmouth on it. Personally, the rasp doesn't bother me to much but I'm kind of a "the louder the better" type of person. You have a pretty decent jump on some mods. I would start looking at headers pretty seriously. Since you have the truck can I assume this isn't your daily driver? I was pretty impressed with the Nitto 555R's when I first put them on. I got ~13k miles out of my first set which isn't bad considering the traction you gain on the street with them. They're not the best drag radial out there but IMO they're a good mix of traction and mileage.
    yeah I love the sound of it right no, gets a like backfire burblle when you hit the clutch on up shifts, its soo sweet yeah i like em loud thats the only thing my pick up has cause i couldn't take it being quiet. as for daily driver its about half and half, if its nice or i'm makeing a long trip i'll drive the car, if its shitty out or just driving the mile and half to work just to have it sit in the gravel parking lot at work i'll drive the dodge. I was looking at SLP long tubes but i'm not sure abot $900 for them, the others i was considering were flowtech i think, don't know how the perform though

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by colesherman86 View Post
    yeah I love the sound of it right no, gets a like backfire burblle when you hit the clutch on up shifts, its soo sweet yeah i like em loud thats the only thing my pick up has cause i couldn't take it being quiet. as for daily driver its about half and half, if its nice or i'm makeing a long trip i'll drive the car, if its shitty out or just driving the mile and half to work just to have it sit in the gravel parking lot at work i'll drive the dodge. I was looking at SLP long tubes but i'm not sure abot $900 for them, the others i was considering were flowtech i think, don't know how the perform though
    skip the SLP LT's. Clearance issues. I personally run pacesetter headers and have had zero problems with them. Ask around and I think you'll find they're a very popular header due to the price and quality. The bonus is they're really cheap comparitively speaking. Just get coated pacesetters and call it a day. New Era has coated pacesetters and a Y for $485. Pretty good deal.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by colesherman86 View Post
    OBX headers are an awesome deal too. Not only do you get a quality long tube header and Y pipe combo, you get a full stainless set. $500 on ebay. I am running a set of them on the SLP LM exhaust and I absolutely love the sound. Like orion said, search around, read up and think before you buy! This site offers endless amounts of advice and encouragment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information