Thread: ls1 problems..

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6

ls1 problems..

so i just got my ws6 like a month ago with 20k miles on it, and ive been noticing the oil change light coming off and on, and just changed the oil like 2 weeks ago, and when i went to go turn it on, it had trouble starting and idling, and it looked like the oil guage was at like 65-70, and it would go up if i barely press the gas, so i had to get to school and i had to keep the rpms up at every stop, if i let off it would die, is the oil pump going out or something? plz help..

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

First of all...what kind of oil did you use?? If you used very thick oil, its going to cause the oil pressure to be that high. Not a good thing, you want it to be about 40-60PSI once its warmed up. Higher oil pressure when the motor is cold is normal. Is the light you are talking about the "Low Oil" light, or the "Service/Maintanence Required" light?? If its the low oil light, then you probabl didn't put enough oil in the motor. If its stumbling and stalling due to low oil, you've destroyed your motor.

The idling problem is more than likely not from lack of oil though. I'd say its either the Idle Air Control Valve (IAC), or the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). The SES light should be on if either of those are faulty, have the codes pulled and diagnose it from there.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    First of all...what kind of oil did you use?? If you used very thick oil, its going to cause the oil pressure to be that high. Not a good thing, you want it to be about 40-60PSI once its warmed up. Higher oil pressure when the motor is cold is normal. Is the light you are talking about the "Low Oil" light, or the "Service/Maintanence Required" light?? If its the low oil light, then you probabl didn't put enough oil in the motor. If its stumbling and stalling due to low oil, you've destroyed your motor.

The idling problem is more than likely not from lack of oil though. I'd say its either the Idle Air Control Valve (IAC), or the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). The SES light should be on if either of those are faulty, have the codes pulled and diagnose it from there.
    i did put in synthetic oil, and i changed it at 3000 miles, but for some reason the oil change light comes on everynow and then..

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Did you reset the "change oil light" after the oil change? Your oil pressure is in the normal range. Be more worried about a low oil light.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Reset the oil light.
    Turn key to on without turning the car over.
    Hold down the tripometer for 10-12 seconds.
    Turn key off. Light is gone.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Reset the oil light.
    Turn key to on without turning the car over.
    Hold down the tripometer for 10-12 seconds.
    Turn key off. Light is gone.
    alright thx man

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Like every else is saying reset your oil change light...your oil pressure is normal when cold...and the engine dieing at idle could be many things. Check your fuel pressure...your MAF could also be bad or the filaments need to be cleaned with electrical contact cleaner.

LS1ftmfw

Navy Blue
    99 ws6 trasns am

I had a idle & stalling problme that turned out to be the front 2 o2 sensors.

Thread Information