Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ls1 383 stroker.

This is a discussion on Ls1 383 stroker. within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 1nasty86 yes your gonna need new piston but im unsure if you can get them in the ...

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by 1nasty86 View Post
    yes your gonna need new piston but im unsure if you can get them in the proper length rods that are the stock length. most aftermarket rods/pistons use the 6.125 rod.
    so if i just rebuild my motor with ls6 internals and the the 383 crankshaft will be good right?
    on the pistons im gonna buy the forged ls6, i dnt knw if it comes with the rods. and other parts that go with the pistons.

i honestly want to sroke my build.
    i want to smoke the cobras lol thats the only way i can get it done plus. i like the way it pulls.. i been whatching videos of 383
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    why not do it all at the same time? is kinda hard huh lol
    ill be doing everithing sometime on the sumer but im buyin parts now..

so your motor is messed up?
    what was the mialege on the motor?
    A little over 85k.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    A little over 85k.
    that sux man,,
    is you car ls1 or ls2?

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

that sux man,,
    is you car ls1 or ls2?
    LS1. I figure once the car goes in, the folks can save the block and possibly polish the piston and throw on a set of 243s so I can have my fun until I pay my car off. Then I could either get an LQ9 and bore it to a 389 like the old school goats.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    LS1. I figure once the car goes in, the folks can save the block and possibly polish the piston and throw on a set of 243s so I can have my fun until I pay my car off. Then I could either get an LQ9 and bore it to a 389 like the old school goats.
    nice man.. i see you already have a plan in mind.. how much is gonna cost u to fix it up?
    you got the 243s already?

silver
    1986 camaro

so if i just rebuild my motor with ls6 internals and the the 383 crankshaft will be good right?
    on the pistons im gonna buy the forged ls6, i dnt knw if it comes with the rods. and other parts that go with the pistons.

i honestly want to sroke my build.
    i want to smoke the cobras lol thats the only way i can get it done plus. i like the way it pulls.. i been whatching videos of 383
    The pistons will have to be to the proper rod. Ls6 pistons use the stock length rod

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

The pistons will have to be to the proper rod. Ls6 pistons use the stock length rod
    so is not posible to use ls6 forged pistons with 383 crankshaft?

im doin some research for 402 and 408 and i dnt think go that far,,

silver
    1986 camaro

Nope. They would have to be made for the stock rod with the 4.00 stroke. The pistons would come out of the holes

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

This will be the 13 millionth time I've posted this! I've did tons of research into this subject and this material is what I've found through out the years! This is a quote from an old post. Only part I disagree with is the HP aspect but I've seen it posted by guys that own shops. Even the mighty "Sarge" has agreed with a good portion of this info

Saying the LS6 block doesn't do shit over a LS1 block is straight retarded. Google can be your friend and search can be your friend but the LS6 makes more power. I have all the info but not accessible at the moment. Here is what I know off hand....

A: LS6 Block is stronger
    B: LS6 Block is slightly different color (Darker in color)
    C: #12561168 part number for the LS6 block found behind the Driver side head ( will need a mirror and some good angles to see, easiest when the head is off)
    D: LS6 block has 87% more ventilation versus an LS1 block between the rod/crank webbing resulting in decreased crankcase pressure and increased piston ring sealing.
    E: 15% of 2001's got the LS6 block, 25% of 2002 got the LS6 block
    F: LS6 block is made with different aluminum, which is why the color difference. Increases strength and weights less then LS1
    G: Power increase over LS1 is said to be between 5 - 15 rwhp depending on who you talk to.
    H: LS6 block has approximately 500 more usable RPM's due to the ventilation.
    I: LS6 uses a different casting process then the LS1 resulting in tighter tolerances all around.

Thats all I can remember off hand. YOU WANT THE LS6 if you can find it, far superior block. I was lucky enough to find out I had one when I pulled the Heads off to do my H/C.

Part number for LS6 intake off of F-Body is #12561184
    Part number for LS6 intake off of Z06 is #12573572
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    This will be the 13 millionth time I've posted this! I've did tons of research into this subject and this material is what I've found through out the years! This is a quote from an old post. Only part I disagree with is the HP aspect but I've seen it posted by guys that own shops. Even the mighty "Sarge" has agreed with a good portion of this info

Saying the LS6 block doesn't do shit over a LS1 block is straight retarded. Google can be your friend and search can be your friend but the LS6 makes more power. I have all the info but not accessible at the moment. Here is what I know off hand....

A: LS6 Block is stronger
    B: LS6 Block is slightly different color (Darker in color)
    C: #12561168 part number for the LS6 block found behind the Driver side head ( will need a mirror and some good angles to see, easiest when the head is off)
    D: LS6 block has 87% more ventilation versus an LS1 block between the rod/crank webbing resulting in decreased crankcase pressure and increased piston ring sealing.
    E: 15% of 2001's got the LS6 block, 25% of 2002 got the LS6 block
    F: LS6 block is made with different aluminum, which is why the color difference. Increases strength and weights less then LS1
    G: Power increase over LS1 is said to be between 5 - 15 rwhp depending on who you talk to.
    H: LS6 block has approximately 500 more usable RPM's due to the ventilation.
    I: LS6 uses a different casting process then the LS1 resulting in tighter tolerances all around.

Thats all I can remember off hand. YOU WANT THE LS6 if you can find it, far superior block. I was lucky enough to find out I had one when I pulled the Heads off to do my H/C.

Part number for LS6 intake off of F-Body is #12561184
    Part number for LS6 intake off of Z06 is #12573572
    thanks for the info man,,
    so now i see what im looking at on the blocks,, now all i have to do is just keep looking for the right kit,,
    is good idea to buy a used block?

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Nope. They would have to be made for the stock rod with the 4.00 stroke. The pistons would come out of the holes
    i see.. so the crankshaft has to come with the pistons to fit with no problems..

theres a guy on my area selling a new stroker kit 383 for $100 he said he doesnt need it no more.. its from callies or something like that,, i checked their site and is half price of what hes asking

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information