Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Lq4/9 strocker or ls2

This is a discussion on Lq4/9 strocker or ls2 within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 02Sweet 242 244-610 612 112 lsa is the cam specs to the white board got a chalk ...

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 02Sweet View Post
    242 244-610 612 112 lsa is the cam specs

to the white board got a chalk board in the garage

You ever figure out that vacuum leak yet?
    Your cam is a lot bigger than mine...232 234 595 598 112 here

No, I'm in Berkley Heights, NJ for work...I'll check it out when I get home this weekend.

Black
    99 Silverado

If I can make a decent time on the track I would like to go cheap as hell. thus asking about the l92 head.

Other wise I know to go fast heads have a big part in it and I understand that 2 grand will go quick on a used set.

About the weight with the blocks I am not class racing I just want a fun track/street TOY! I would like to see a 10.99 run n/a in the next two - three years
    My 408 went 10.65 in a 3675# car on motor with a semi-tight nitrous converter, 3.73's and 28" tires... you will have no problem reaching your goals with the iron motor...

GM EFI Tuner
    2002 Trans Am WS6 - 9.41@143mph, #3675, on pump gas and drag radials - sold

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Block weight is roughly 80-90 pounds difference. Other things can change that obviously.

Stay away from the Eagle cranks. Not happy with mine...may go with something else if I ever get around to doing the turbo build I want.

It all depends on what your goals are. 40x may not be needed.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Block weight is roughly 80-90 pounds difference. Other things can change that obviously.

Stay away from the Eagle cranks. Not happy with mine...may go with something else if I ever get around to doing the turbo build I want.

It all depends on what your goals are. 40x may not be needed.
    What don't you like about the eagle crank?

80-90 lbs right now is not that much......but that being said over the winter when I switch out the k member and finish the rest of my car's diet that 80-90 lbs will seem like a lot.

With spending way too much time researching I am really leaning towards the ls2 and stroking it to a 402

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

personally i like the aluminum blocks for a few reasons..1. it is lighter...you could always do a k member swap and get that weight back down..but imagine a aluminum block and then doing the k member swap.. you then have the same power as the iron block..but running 65 pounds or such off the noise. 2. The lsX aluminum blocks hold power extremely well..i dont see you in the 1000+ range...so durability isnt really that big of a issue.

i am with firebird on the l92 heads...they are not that impressive really..i have herd the big issue with them is the fact that they have oversized valves and that is causing some flow characteristics. On top of that..i know TFS is coming out with there rectangular head set up for the ls3-ls9 crowd ..

i say if you are going n/a with some giggle juice...why not go aluminum alloy ....it isnt your grandfather's aluminum block..these genIVs are solid solid solid blocks...the only thing they have against them is their think sleeves ...hone and done as they say.

so i say a stock ls3 ...pop a fast 102lsxr..get some head by this time there should be a stronger showing in the aftermarket casted heads ...and get a real cam and not have to worry about the strangeness that the l92 heads play on cam selection.

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

With spending way too much time researching I am really leaning towards the ls2 and stroking it to a 402
    What are you gonna do with that block if you go with the ls2

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jetaws6 View Post
    What are you gonna do with that block if you go with the ls2
    Keep it for later. Sorry. If you are looking for one let me know. I can see what I can find.

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

Keep it for later. Sorry. If you are looking for one let me know. I can see what I can find.
    I am but I wasn't planning on doing it until next winter. I'm in the middle of just putting a mild heads and cam setup on my ls1 now lol. But if you come across another block for 300....... I might have a get it and just store it for a bit

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jetaws6 View Post
    I am but I wasn't planning on doing it until next winter. I'm in the middle of just putting a mild heads and cam setup on my ls1 now lol. But if you come across another block for 300....... I might have a get it and just store it for a bit
    300 was pure luck it took awhile waiting. Normal prices are 450 on up and every blue moon you get someone who wants a quick sale!

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

300 was pure luck it took awhile waiting. Normal prices are 450 on up and every blue moon you get someone who wants a quick sale!
    Yea I know I got time. Im gonna start looking around september next year whenever my CD is up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information