Thread: Low oil

Awaiting Activation

Low oil

So I changed my oil about 1 1/2 ago and once in a while the low oil lights comes up. This usually happens after long drive. I dont find oil spots on the driveway so I am not sure where its comming from. I check the oil levels and they are low. I fill it up and whithin a couple of weeks again the light comes up.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by freddy_caprice View Post
    So I changed my oil about 1 1/2 ago and once in a while the low oil lights comes up. This usually happens after long drive. I dont find oil spots on the driveway so I am not sure where its comming from. I check the oil levels and they are low. I fill it up and whithin a couple of weeks again the light comes up.
    Could be burning it, sometimes also if you drive hard it will burn it too. Hows your mileage? Maybe valve seals. Need more info plz.. On some cars a low oil light is a good indication the oil is rolling away from the oil pump pick up during cornering. But not always but something to think about.. Also may want to start checking it every week.
    Last edited by Smittro; 07-26-2009 at 08:05 PM.

Awaiting Activation
    '01 WS6 6spee, purchases at 54k and now has 62k on it. Daily driver. If it is bruning is what can I do? It also uses synthetic.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

'01 WS6 6spee, purchases at 54k and now has 62k on it. Daily driver. If it is bruning is what can I do? It also uses synthetic.
    Maybe try switching back to the exact oil she calls for you can always switch back. I should have stated that my post was a generalization of engines. My experience with LSx cars is not top notch by any means. Give your thread a few minutes to soak in with the guys. I'm sure one of the more experianced brudda's will chime in..Good luck.. Bump it a few times here and there to keep it on the front page.

Awaiting Activation
    Lol thanks. I was reading other post and someone stated that manual cars tend to burn up oil. I will look and around and see if I can find any leaks on the engine. Thanks again.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Lol thanks. I was reading other post and someone stated that manual cars tend to burn up oil. I will look and around and see if I can find any leaks on the engine. Thanks again.
    No prob, good place to start looking on any car IMHO is the tunnel. See if she's getting her belly oiled.. An oiled belly may not always drip right away.

Awaiting Activation
    Would coverting the PVC to LS6 style work? If so how do you do it?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Sounds like you have a pretty decent oil consumption problem. Going over to a LS6 style valley cover might help. Alittle. I just did this swap, its pretty easy. But I have a 2005 iron block so I had zero notching of the block to do. That would be the most time consuming part. Other then that, its really easy to swap a valley cover.

ls1howto.com has a write up so ill spare my finger tips from writing my own experience. If you go through with it and need help. You can either ask here or PM me with any questions.

Awaiting Activation
    Sounds good thanks. I am also going to swith back to Amsoil since I dont think I had any problems with it.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Think I may be able to help ya with that too..Here's a link for ya.
    http://www.competitionsynthetics.com/

Thread Information