Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

looking for 600rwhp or more

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a hardtop, 99 Z28 M6 with 82,000 miles, and my plans for it someday is supercharged.. so i need your input for mods so over time I have the correct (internals and bolt-ons). so i am not spending money twice... list the mods with prices without labor for i will do it with a buddy...and i will have some one else tune it... the goal here is to have a quick weekend car that will stomp anything its up against.. thanks...

the mods i already have are ls6 intake mani, b&m short shifter, slp loudmouth cat back, slp lid with K&N, msd wires, skip shift eliminater, coolent bypass, slp throttle body i might of missed some since the car is in storage ...and thank you all for helping out...

i know its going to be expensive.. but i want it done and done right the first time...

i want to make a plan.. thats why i am asking...and get the right parts together before i rip apart the car...

so far

Plan:

?Magnacharger? i want a belt driven supercharger is this the best one?

Moser 9" rear with 373 gears

sfc: weld in not sure what brand..

clutch: what brand?

cam? heads? all internals and bolt ons?? brand names and prices please thank you!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Man o man, Thats a vague question dude. You said expensive. Only you can decided HOW expensive.

Kooks LT- $1000+
    FAST 92/92 (maybe) burst panels for your silly boost - 1100$+
    AFR heads. Which ever bottom end will depend what CC you want/need. 2500$+
    Forged low compression bottom end and block. 3500-4000+
    9" with 4.10's - 2000$+
    Full exhaust - 800$+
    Lid - 100$+
    Tires 500$+
    Suspension 1500$ +
    Spec 3 clutch- 500 $
    Mis. 800 $

Judging by my general $$$ amounts, your new supercharged engine will roughly cost 13,300. Plus installation, in the long run. You left ALOT out. I filled in some blanks for you. You could spend less and not get a forged bottom end. Maybe a LQ4 with ARP 2000 rod bolts, and ride that out. Ethier way, gonna be hard for someone to actually look up all your parts for you and price it all out also for you. Give some of these guys some details on what your really want... and you should get somewhere with some more searching on parts and forums on your time. Its gonna take some time for what you want.
    Last edited by Hi-Po; 02-17-2009 at 03:46 PM.

Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Man o man, Thats a vague question dude. You said expensive. Only you can decided HOW expensive.

Kooks LT- $1000+
    9" with 4.10's - 2000$+
    Full exhaust - 800$+
    Lid - 100$+
    Tires 500$+
    Suspension 1500$ +
    Spec 3 clutch- 500 $
    Mis. 800 $

Judging by my general $$$ amounts, your new supercharged engine will roughly cost 13,300. Plus installation, in the long run. You left ALOT out. I filled in some blanks for you. You could spend less and not get a forged bottom end. Maybe a LQ4 with ARP 2000 rod bolts, and ride that out. Ethier way, gonna be hard for someone to actually look up all your parts for you and price it all out also for you. Give some of these guys some details on what your really want... and you should get somewhere with some more searching on parts and forums on your time. Its gonna take some time for what you want.

i got 17" front and 18" in back with 275 up front and 285 in back... with the goodyear tires the nice summer ones.... sorry if i left alot out but i have never built an engine before so i am new at this whole thing thats why i am asking so i dont spend $$ twice.... thanks for the info..... so you think i should go with 4.10s instead of 3.73s why? someone told me with the supercharger you dont want any higher then 3.73s.....?

i have a lid already slp...and a slp loudmouth stage II catback... i was thinking longtubes with a electric cut-out...

thanks for the info...

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

3.73's might be better with your boost. Just start searching here and on Tech. Start reading up on some others SC build-ups. There are plenty. Sounds like you need to start there.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post

Kooks LT- $1000+
    9" with 4.10's - 2000$+
    Full exhaust - 800$+
    Lid - 100$+
    Tires 500$+
    Suspension 1500$ +
    Spec 3 clutch- 500 $
    Mis. 800 $

Keep in mind he won't need a intake with the Magnacharger...Also, I would NOT get a Spec clutch. Get a descent clutch and maybe a blowproof bellhousing just to ensure you don't blow it and lose a foot. Cheap insurance.

Thread Information