I need some help

First of all, I have been a Ford man thru and thru, but I have always had a urge to build a bird so I am thinking about a 99 or so firebird, but i want it to have around 600 horse or so to the wheels. So with a 18% loss and around a 150 shot of nitrous, I should need around 550 to the wheels. My question is what is the most price effective way of achieving that goal? Im planning to forge the bottom end, but should I do a 402 stroker or keep it around stock? What would be the best heads for a project like that? Any suggestions an a good cam? From what I have been reading a 402 stroker with a good set of heads is good for 525rw, so that would be more than enough with the nitrous. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Another little question ive been wondering about, how much do the 99 firebirds weigh? Thanks, Robert

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

firebirds are about 3800 lbs and as far as your question for 440 rwhp, you don't need a big stroker motor combo just for those numbers. What I do recommend to run nitrous safely is a nice strong bottom end. A big cam and good flowing heads with the full bolts on's will also get you those numbers off the bottle

Thread Information