Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i need heads

This is a discussion on i need heads within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 383ls6 will the afr 215 work with a 3.905" bore? Also the prc has a single intake/exhaust ...

Awaiting Activation

SOM
    1998 T.A.

Quote Originally Posted by 383ls6 View Post
    will the afr 215 work with a 3.905" bore? Also the prc has a single intake/exhaust 1 pc valve seat so do you think that would work for a DD? Does any one run the TFs and if so have they piled many miles on them? I'm going N/A but may spray a lil later.
    Yes but you have to run a bigger head gasket. A 4.185 IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnboy View Post
    AFR's all the way , The Trick Flows where having intake sealing issues.
    No they don't!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnboy View Post
    I ant shimming anything $2,400 for a pair of heads that were casted wrong , i dont think so , I am a forced induction guy , shimming etc could = leaking

The heads were not cast wrong LOL. There is no head that matches perfectly and it does not hurt the power. TFS consistently makes great power. I have a set of hand worked as cast that just went on and is getting tuned as we speak. I will post the flow sheet in another post but the #'s look great

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SOMbitch View Post
    Yes but you have to run a bigger head gasket. A 4.185 IIRC

No they don't!!!

The heads were not cast wrong LOL. There is no head that matches perfectly and it does not hurt the power. TFS consistently makes great power. I have a set of hand worked as cast that just went on and is getting tuned as we speak. I will post the flow sheet in another post but the #'s look great

lucky bitch..i cant wait till i have all my ducks in order in terms of mods ..to start heavily looking into cam and heads ..it will most certainly be afr 205s or TFS 215s i think..or maybe ETPs

Awaiting Activation

SOM
    1998 T.A.

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    lucky bitch..i cant wait till i have all my ducks in order in terms of mods ..to start heavily looking into cam and heads ..it will most certainly be afr 205s or TFS 215s i think..or maybe ETPs

Just so you know Cary from ETP went his own way and is now known as Performance Induction. He has actually tweaked his old design and improved upon it a bit from what I hear. Ed Curtis and Shawn from Va. Speed speak very highly of them. I called Cary about a month or so ago and would have gotten a set but they were $2800 for a set of 215's and since this is just a hobby I couldn't justify that kind of $$$$

98' trans am

Just so you know Cary from ETP went his own way and is now known as Performance Induction. He has actually tweaked his old design and improved upon it a bit from what I hear. Ed Curtis and Shawn from Va. Speed speak very highly of them. I called Cary about a month or so ago and would have gotten a set but they were $2800 for a set of 215's and since this is just a hobby I couldn't justify that kind of $$$$
    nice nice...well my train of though is ..if i go high end heads..it will net me the most power which will intice (sp) me to keep my 346 so it will save me 8k

Awaiting Activation

SOM
    1998 T.A.

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    nice nice...well my train of though is ..if i go high end heads..it will net me the most power which will intice (sp) me to keep my 346 so it will save me 8k
    Haha! I like the way you think And then when go bigger cubes you will already have nice heads to take advantage of it.......Cause you know you WILL go bigger LOL

98' trans am

Haha! I like the way you think And then when go bigger cubes you will already have nice heads to take advantage of it.......Cause you know you WILL go bigger LOL
    i know

red
    2002 z/28

Quote Originally Posted by garygnu65 View Post
    whats you budget?
    no budget if it costs more just means i have to wait a little longer. So far everything I've got for my engine is great quality but its taken almost a year for just the short block lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information