Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

I need advise on top end build ??

This is a discussion on I need advise on top end build ?? within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; H/C/I, well as far as clutches go, my input is Textralia, have had it in the car for over 2 ...

  1. #21
    Member TACE02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    41
    Posts
    568

    ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

    H/C/I, well as far as clutches go, my input is Textralia, have had it in the car for over 2 years now...no problems. CenterForce lasted about 6 months *cough* got what I paid for *cough* ...lol. SPEC 3+ lasted all but a month, but I think it was due to the CF messing up my slave cylinder. Said screw it anyways and had the Textralia installed along with a new slave cylinder, never looked back. Might want to think long and hard though before modding, that bug is HUGE. Don't get on it too much with a stock rear end, least not with slicks on, and be careful with those stock synchros in your tranny. Supporting mods get expensive very quickly. And while you have the heads off, I would highly suggest you go ahead and install LS7 lifters, unless you care to tear the heads back off in a couple years or less. (my dilemna right now)

    Oh and if you do the build, learn how much oil your car eats. cking it every oil change is NOT a good idea. I personally have to add about a quart every 1000-1500 miles, highway eating the most. And my car never ate oil before the build.

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    10

    black
    94 formula

    Quote Originally Posted by jmdgto View Post
    i run this. afr 225 heads(62 cc big bore), fast 92 intake, 244/ 600+ lift cam, arh 1 7/8 lt, 46 pound injectors, 3 inch exhaust. this is on a 403 stroker. it is nick williams tuned.
    so how do you find the drivability/reliability and what kind of power numbers are you getting?

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    10

    black
    94 formula

    Quote Originally Posted by TACE02 View Post
    H/C/I, well as far as clutches go, my input is Textralia, have had it in the car for over 2 years now...no problems. CenterForce lasted about 6 months *cough* got what I paid for *cough* ...lol. SPEC 3+ lasted all but a month, but I think it was due to the CF messing up my slave cylinder. Said screw it anyways and had the Textralia installed along with a new slave cylinder, never looked back. Might want to think long and hard though before modding, that bug is HUGE. Don't get on it too much with a stock rear end, least not with slicks on, and be careful with those stock synchros in your tranny. Supporting mods get expensive very quickly. And while you have the heads off, I would highly suggest you go ahead and install LS7 lifters, unless you care to tear the heads back off in a couple years or less. (my dilemna right now)

    Oh and if you do the build, learn how much oil your car eats. cking it every oil change is NOT a good idea. I personally have to add about a quart every 1000-1500 miles, highway eating the most. And my car never ate oil before the build.
    are u eating more oil thru the combustion camber (rings) or vacuum system ?

  4. #24
    Member anniversary30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    46
    Posts
    657

    White/Blue
    99 Trans Am

    I'm running a heads cam set up in my TA with a fast 90-90 and my shop guys are saying the ls7 will be fine. I did have a textrilla in it but it burnt up after 2 yrs. about 22000 miles. I loved it but too much cash right now and when I put it in I thought I was going to be putting more power into it by now. otherwise I would do another tex. great clutch. ls7 should be good for now .
    Last edited by anniversary30; 05-02-2009 at 05:25 PM.

  5. #25
    Member TACE02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    41
    Posts
    568

    ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by brada View Post
    are u eating more oil thru the combustion camber (rings) or vacuum system ?


    Uhhhh yeah... not really sure. If I had to guess, I think it is more through the vacuum system.

    <-----no catch can...
    Last edited by TACE02; 05-02-2009 at 07:26 PM.

  6. #26
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by TACE02 View Post
    Uhhhh yeah... not really sure. If I had to guess, I think it is more through the vacuum system.

    <-----no catch can...
    Get one. its nice.

  7. #27
    515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,702

    440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

    Quote Originally Posted by brada View Post
    Ok!!
    so i have a 2000 WS6 6 spd T/A and im looking for some solid advise on performance numbers and parts costs.
    I'm looking for the best combo of
    Cam
    Heads
    Induction (TB & intake)
    Headers
    Exhaust
    Tuner

    What makes the best reliable, power on pump gas?
    All of you help would be much appreciated
    The 515 TrickFlow Package plus a FAST 92/92 TB along with some Kooks LT's, cut out the cats and go true dual and a good dyno tune will get you to anywhere from 430 - 450 RWHP. Right around $5500 to $6000 depending on how much your installer / tuner charges ya!
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

  8. #28
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by BADASS2000SS View Post
    The 515 TrickFlow Package plus a FAST 92/92 TB along with some Kooks LT's, cut out the cats and go true dual and a good dyno tune will get you to anywhere from 430 - 450 RWHP. Right around $5500 to $6000 depending on how much your installer / tuner charges ya!
    ANOTHER $1500 GET YOU A STROKER LONG BLOCK. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

  9. #29
    Member TACE02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    41
    Posts
    568

    ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

    yeah, too bad for that $6000 + $1500 you can't get that full longblock with install, wiring, tune, and all supportive mods needed to handle the amount of power it would put out. especially when the minimum required is the small block around $4000-$4500, the TF heads around $2500, intake w/TB around $1500, LTs to compliment the setup around $800, maintenance around $2000 (may vary shop to shop), tune around $500, all that coming to around $11,800. And if you haven't done a rear end upgrade, clutch upgrade, tranny upgrade, suspension upgrade, well there is a whole lot more you gotta spend, if you want the car to stay running for a little while...lol. I know 3 years ago, if I was told for $1500 more I could get a "nice" stroker setup I would have jumped on it. But in reality $7500 total for longblock plus install and tune, would have me saying "you get what you pay for".

  10. #30
    Member anniversary30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    46
    Posts
    657

    White/Blue
    99 Trans Am




    Quote Originally Posted by TACE02 View Post
    yeah, too bad for that $6000 + $1500 you can't get that full longblock with install, wiring, tune, and all supportive mods needed to handle the amount of power it would put out. especially when the minimum required is the small block around $4000-$4500, the TF heads around $2500, intake w/TB around $1500, LTs to compliment the setup around $800, maintenance around $2000 (may vary shop to shop), tune around $500, all that coming to around $11,800. And if you haven't done a rear end upgrade, clutch upgrade, tranny upgrade, suspension upgrade, well there is a whole lot more you gotta spend, if you want the car to stay running for a little while...lol. I know 3 years ago, if I was told for $1500 more I could get a "nice" stroker setup I would have jumped on it. But in reality $7500 total for longblock plus install and tune, would have me saying "you get what you pay for".

  11. #31
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Depends. I did all my own work. No labor costs. And no I don't have a shop or a lift. I don't even have a garage, I did it in my driveway on jack stands with craftsman tools. So the 7k that I spent was for short block, clutch, machine work on the heads, and all of the supporting stuff like gaskets, litters, ud pulley, plugs, catch can, etc. So really it's not that bad. And 11k isn't bad either. A guy on here just blew his motor and had an ls6 put in his car for 10,800. So what's another $200. With all of the mods I have done and over the years I wish I would have just waited saved up some more money, and got what I want the first time. But maybe I'm the only one who doesn't like having to do something over cuz I skimped the first time

  12. #32
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    Depends. I did all my own work. No labor costs. And no I don't have a shop or a lift. I don't even have a garage, I did it in my driveway on jack stands with craftsman tools. So the 7k that I spent was for short block, clutch, machine work on the heads, and all of the supporting stuff like gaskets, litters, ud pulley, plugs, catch can, etc. So really it's not that bad. And 11k isn't bad either. A guy on here just blew his motor and had an ls6 put in his car for 10,800. So what's another $200. With all of the mods I have done and over the years I wish I would have just waited saved up some more money, and got what I want the first time. But maybe I'm the only one who doesn't like having to do something over cuz I skimped the first time
    my son is 2 right now so when I go to redo mine (im thinking $15,000 for 500+ci, 800+hp long block) he should be old enough to help me
    I do all my own work too, but atleast I have my garage lol

  13. #33
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    my son is 2 right now so when I go to redo mine (im thinking $15,000 for 500+ci, 800+hp long block) he should be old enough to help me
    I do all my own work too, but atleast I have my garage lol
    hey if you got a garage, I'll come help you

  14. #34
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    hey if you got a garage, I'll come help you
    lol that's a long drive to work on a car.....you must really love garages lol

  15. #35
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    lol that's a long drive to work on a car.....you must really love garages lol
    I finished my car last Saturday in the rain, so ya I like garages LOL

  16. #36
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    .....you must really love garages lol

  17. #37
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    I have not posted on here in a while, but this thread has helped me alot. I have a bone stock 99 vette m6. I want to make it to make around 450-460 rwhp. Because I used to have a much faster car, and this one feels very slow.

    I am ready (money wise) to put around 5 grand into it. Just wanting to do motor stuff right now, no clutch or wheels or suspention just yet. I fear I cant get these numbers under $5000. I was thinking a blower, but there all too expensive. Now Im thinking heads cam, Full exhaust, intake/TB, tune, stuff like in this thread. I like what I read about AFRs 205cc. But not sure about a cam. weekend driver for me.

    Anybody got any combos they think would be just right? Other than what I have read.

  18. #38
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    I have not posted on here in a while, but this thread has helped me alot. I have a bone stock 99 vette m6. I want to make it to make around 450-460 rwhp. Because I used to have a much faster car, and this one feels very slow.

    I am ready (money wise) to put around 5 grand into it. Just wanting to do motor stuff right now, no clutch or wheels or suspention just yet. I fear I cant get these numbers under $5000. I was thinking a blower, but there all too expensive. Now Im thinking heads cam, Full exhaust, intake/TB, tune, stuff like in this thread. I like what I read about AFRs 205cc. But not sure about a cam. weekend driver for me.

    Anybody got any combos they think would be just right? Other than what I have read.
    FAST 92 intake, 92tb, 228 cam, ported & polish the hell out of your heads and you should be there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Need advise! First ls1 build!
    By Kamron92 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 02:56 PM
  2. 6.ol engine build tech advise needed please
    By khstroud in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 03:43 AM
  3. Need some advise.
    By Levilz in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-31-2009, 07:57 PM
  4. 500CI Chevy LS1 Engine Build - How To Build A 500C
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2009, 08:10 PM
  5. Advise about a CAM
    By SSwt00SS in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 07:36 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •