Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

hows this cam sound?

This is a discussion on hows this cam sound? within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I also ran stupid cams on the street......Like 255/265 @.050 and .675/665 on a 106 in a 383 big block ...

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

I also ran stupid cams on the street......Like 255/265 @.050 and .675/665 on a 106 in a 383 big block MOPAR. It trashed springs in a few months but it was fun for a min. That thing pulled to 8600rpm.had to run a 4500 con. Do you realize how loud that thing was at 8700 banging the rev limiter....? It would call out EVERY cop in a 2 mile radius. Not to mention trashing the valve guides in 5-6 months. And loading up like a diesel and having to clean it out ALL the time.
    I feel you but it just isn't worth it to me anymore.
    I'll put a second stage on the bottle with a baby cam and make more power than the radical cam would not to mention it is only wearing on everything for the few seconds I'm on both units not ALL the time....
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

ya thats what ive been hearin its just not worth the horrible drivability. people are like bla bla ms4 this ms4 that i mean a baby cam is what .2 slower in most cases like u said just add another stage.. so i think my setup will be just a stealth II on a 150wet plate.should be a high 10 car and on the street people will think its stock with exhaust it would wax most everything on the road with the right suspension.

well guyz its been a while but i did get the came that i posted mods 3600 stall lts true duals lid no underdrive just light bolt ons and here are the results and vid.UPDATE: IDLE VID

NBM
    98 formula

So what did it put down with the new cam installed? Beautiful dog By the way

BLUE
    2000 SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by getthesand0ut View Post
    ya think its something new hes been workin with. u know hows they make the wierdest setups but yet they work out realy good. im just worried about the lift but yet the biggest cam gurus both said its good lol.. just gettin some gold double patriot springs
    Those two are far from the biggest cam guru's.

Bret Bauer, Alan Futral, and Ed Curtis have all forgotten more than those two know put together..

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

sounds tight to me in the piston to valve clearance. Both intake and exhaust. I know the exhaust is close as thats what mine hit at PRC and all.

Quote Originally Posted by john5632 View Post
    So what did it put down with the new cam installed? Beautiful dog By the way
    thanks she is a tard it put down 398 386 pulls really hard everywere. the 356 pull was before tune. never got it tuned before cam install thinkin around 330 mabey. with the verter it puts it right in the power band everytime

Quote Originally Posted by FASTSS View Post
    Those two are far from the biggest cam guru's.

Bret Bauer, Alan Futral, and Ed Curtis have all forgotten more than those two know put together..
    they seem to be the only ones that will help out and give solid advice on ls1t***... and it worked out really well in this case.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by FASTSS
    Bret Bauer, Alan Futral, and Ed Curtis have all forgotten more than those two know put together....
    I disagree. I give a lot of credit to people like Pat-G and Pred-Z, as they openly share on both they're individual setups, as well as provide much desired information, as well as the proper criticism, to a whole load of automotive enthusiasts on a regular basis. Oh, and by the way, all three of those guys (Bret, Alan & Ed) couldn't hold a freaking candle to David Vizard....

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    I disagree. I give a lot of credit to people like Pat-G and Pred-Z, as they openly share on both they're individual setups, as well as provide much desired information, as well as the proper criticism, to a whole load of automotive enthusiasts on a regular basis. Oh, and by the way, all three of those guys (Bret, Alan & Ed) couldn't hold a freaking candle to David Vizard....
    100% agreed.
    ps. i want ur car. lol

BLUE
    2000 SS CAMARO

they seem to be the only ones that will help out and give solid advice on ls1t***... and it worked out really well in this case.
    Wow, let me think aobut this. Would I listen to 3 guys that make their living doing this or 2 guys that do it as a hobby?????

BLUE
    2000 SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Sharing information doesn't make it the correct information.

I really don't see Vizard specing out many custom LS cams do you??

Quote Originally Posted by FASTSS View Post
    Wow, let me think aobut this. Would I listen to 3 guys that make their living doing this or 2 guys that do it as a hobby?????
    well they got my vote because my cam worked great and i think the numbers are awesome also...

BLUE
    2000 SS CAMARO

well they got my vote because my cam worked great and i think the numbers are awesome also...
    I am glad your car is running great and you are happy with it. I really am, that is all that matters.

I was only stating that just because you hear more out of those 2 on tech does not automatically make them the best. Consider the internet one step up from a magazine, if you know what I mean...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information