black
    00,ss camaro

How big can i go !!!

Hey guys i hope someone can help answer my Question. i have a stock bottom end 2000 Ls1 with patriot LS6 stage 2 heads 2.02 1.57 double gold spring 650 lift rated. & 90/90Fast, monster stage 4 clutch 410rear,LT headers no cats ,hardened pushrods, underdrive,125shot harris speed with 90mm plate, M6. the question is i am wanting to go bigger cam & was looking at the MS3 aka magic stick 239/242 649/609. was told by patriot today they think in can work was told by texas speed 2 different answers but each said need to measure. trying to save some cash does anyone run these heads & know how big i can go. not a daily driver just a fun weekend ride. are the stock LS1 head valves a different length cause i see Ls1s on you tube that are running MS3 & MS4 cams that claim to be mostly stock. Thanks.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

If the heads havent been milled, that cam will probably fit. But, you cant expect anyone to tell you that a cam will fit and there is no reason to not check PTV clearance. Just isnt going to happen. Both those vendors told you right, it will fit more then likely, but you have to check. Should be fine, but always double check.

black
    00,ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    If the heads havent been milled, that cam will probably fit. But, you cant expect anyone to tell you that a cam will fit and there is no reason to not check PTV clearance. Just isnt going to happen. Both those vendors told you right, it will fit more then likely, but you have to check. Should be fine, but always double check.
    Yeah i know i was just hopeing to get luckey & find someone that might know & save some time & money. do you know if there is any difference in valve length from the 241 to the 243 heads ?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by blacksupersport View Post
    Yeah i know i was just hopeing to get luckey & find someone that might know & save some time & money. do you know if there is any difference in valve length from the 241 to the 243 heads ?
    I do believe that the 02-04 LS6 valves were slightly longer to make up for a smaller base circle camshaft.

black
    00,ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    I do believe that the 02-04 LS6 valves were slightly longer to make up for a smaller base circle camshaft.
    Hey thanks for taking the time to answer me i appreciate the help.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by blacksupersport View Post
    Hey thanks for taking the time to answer me i appreciate the help.
    No problem

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

I'm looking at some LS6 heads on e-bay. They have the sodium-filled valves. If these are slightly longer than the 241's, & I go with a .600 or so lift cam, then I'd have to get shorter pushrods, correct?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    I'm looking at some LS6 heads on e-bay. They have the sodium-filled valves. If these are slightly longer than the 241's, & I go with a .600 or so lift cam, then I'd have to get shorter pushrods, correct?
    Buy a 20 dollar pushrod length checker.

Thread Information