Hi Guys

This is a discussion on Hi Guys within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Hi Guys, I'm new at this fourm.... I have Question? I bought Classic SBC Super Street 195cc 2.02"/1.60"/64cc Angle Plug ...

Ali_77

Hi Guys

Hi Guys,
    I'm new at this fourm....
    I have Question? I bought Classic SBC Super Street 195cc 2.02"/1.60"/64cc Angle Plug Assembled Heads from Patriot performance.... I need to know how many HP I will gane from this heads....And What is the best CAM to give best Power.
    The car has...CAM unkown number, Headrs and exuahst, ASP,HP Tuner, MFA, ported throutel body.
    Thanks

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Questions:

1) What car are you talking about. Those don't sound like LS1 heads, like an older Gen 1 head.

2) What supporting mods do you currently have? Headers, exhaust, what kind of fuel injection?

3) Where are you looking to make power, low end torque/top end HP, what are you willing to compromise.

Not to many people will respond without more pieces of the puzzle

Ali_77

Thanks for replaying....

Thanks for replaying.... I guess my freind did not put all the currect information to you guys... Sorry
    Questions:

1) What car are you talking about. Those don't sound like LS1 heads, like an older Gen 1 head.

*It is 2000 Lumina SS Automatic in the Middle East...And Holden Cammador SS in Aus..
    It is LS6 Stage II from Patriot Performance.

2) What supporting mods do you currently have? Headers, exhaust, what kind of fuel injection?

*I did not Add any fuel injector becuase I don't know what is the best brand and size.

3) Where are you looking to make power, low end torque/top end HP, what are you willing to compromise.

*Well I want the car to be fast from the start....3.9 0-60 mile Sec if I can....
    *I have also Gear ratio 3.91

Mods: Headers & exhaust System, LS6 Heads Satge II, ported thrutel body , ASP,TB by pass, CAM Shaft unkwon brand and numbers ,Holly intake, HPTuner , K&N Filter, MFA, 160 thermstat,
    What mods to support the lS6 heads do I need to put on to gain more power.
    thanks guys.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Ali_77
    Hi Guys,
    I'm new at this fourm....
    I have Question? I bought Classic SBC Super Street 195cc 2.02"/1.60"/64cc Angle Plug Assembled Heads from Patriot performance.... I need to know how many HP I will gane from this heads....And What is the best CAM to give best Power.
    The car has...CAM unkown number, Headrs and exuahst, ASP,HP Tuner, MFA, ported throutel body.
    Thanks
    those heads are the incorrect ones for the LS1 motor in the lumina SS. those are the original SBC motor.

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Ok, makes a little more sense now. I just couldn't understand what you meant by sone of your mods...

You had said Classic SBC heads, which are not interchangable with LSx series heads. If in fact you have the LS6 ported heads with aftermarket MAF, Ported TB, Holley LS1 intake, headers, exhaust and 3.91 gears, it sounds like you've touched everything but the transmission. If you have an auto, you could add an aftermarket torque converter to increase the stall speed and get a better launch. Its usually best to match the converter to the cam tho, and seeing as you don't know any cam specs, you'd just have to guess that a 2500 - 2800 stall should work without being to much.

Also, not sure what that car might weigh, since saftey and emissions equipment can make a huge difference, but getting a heavy car to 60 in less than 4 sec's is a pretty tall order. You are at least on the right track, but still foreign enough to us that it would be hard to say.

Ali_77

Hummertime

HI Hummertime,
    Ok, I'm Thingking now to change my CAM. What is the best cam to fit my Mods.
    The cams that I thought of are linginfilter and compcam and there are two from patriot performace also. The patriot cams are
    1.226/226@.050.285"/.580" lift 112LSA
    2.232/230@.050.580"/.580" lift 110LSA

Hummertime would a montet roller rockers add more power? Becase when I bought the car it hads roller rockers and the color is blue but don't know the brand either.
    Thanks for you help and time .....have a happy new year.

black
    2002 ss

all the way from the united arab empire; cool. Umm Ali, you may want to change that from "hummer" to "hammer". In your previous post, as a hummer is more than just the name of a big truck...
    Last edited by dexcool; 01-01-2006 at 04:36 AM.

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by dexcool
    all the way from the united arab empire; cool. Umm Ali, you may want to change that from "hummer" to "hammer". In your previous post, as a hummer is more than just the name of a big truck...
    Uhh, yeah. Please note the "A" in hammertime

Of course, now is the time for me to rant because GM sells all kinds of rear wheel drive V8 performance cars in the middle east that we cant get here.
    http://www.chevroletarabia.com/conte...tml?cntryCd=AE
    Anyways, looks like your car is about the same weight as a a loaded WS6, SS or a GTO, as opposed to a heavier chassis, so I would guess either of the cams would work for you. I might err towards the smaller cam with a little wider lobe separation to try and preserve your drivability and bottom end TQ. Actually, some of the 220/224 cams might work well too.

Thread Information