Black
    1998 Firebird Formula

Hey guys I'm looking to do some upgrades and need help...

Ok so I currently have a 98 firebird formula A4 ls1 with 45,000 miles on it all I have done is SLP lid k&n filter Mac Mid headers, ORY-pipe magnaflow exhaust, frost tune, 160 thermo state, now for what's next is I want to put in a decent cam and springs without having to upgrade heads and stuff I really just want a nice sounding big lope I will eventually upgrade stall and stuff just not at the moment my question to you guys is what would be a nice decent cam with a nice sounding lope and some good springs, please help me guys I'm kinda new to this stuff lol

black
    1999 ws6 trans am

Well lots of companys have cams but go with a comp cam with springs and lifters.They have good deals on kits

silver/black
    00 trans am,SLP,Ws6

you can also look into Texas speed

black
    '02 trans am ws6

If nice sounding lope is all you're after then go ASA cam, custom cam or a Thunder Racing TR224....those can run on stock stall but you're sacrificing performance by keeping the stock stall.
    '02 ws6.....mods? nope

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I think the best approach to a cam selection is getting one to go with your stall. I personally wouldn't do just a cam only on a A4 car. I'd wait to do a cam with a stall. That's where you're going to really see the performance gains.

There are plenty of proven combinations out there for these cars. Everyone has their likes and dislikes and beliefs on what is tolerable for a daily driver.

Some proven performers are the Torquer V2, TSP 228r on 112 LSA, and the MS3. From what I've seen, a lot of people that end up getting the TSP 228r wish they would have stepped up to the T2, but overall the 228r is a great cam for a daily driver.

All depends on what you really want. A lot of people even go with a custom grind.

Your LS1 intake is also going to sacrifice some power as it will be restricting you.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

^^what he said. You should really get a stall and an ls6 intake before you think about a cam. leaving those 2 things stock on you car will severly limit its potential with a cam. If you did a cam now you probably would see any real et gains and the car would lug around/be a pain to drive. Get a 3200-3600 stall and then go for a medium sized cam 222/226 eps, 228r, t2 etc the bigger cam you want the bigger your stall will have to be so give us an idea of what you want out of the car and we can better gauge what you need.

Red
    2001 Z28 Camaro

i have to agree with 2000dreambird Texas speed has a few custom grind comp cams and they are at a good price and they guys over their can answer any question you have

silver/black
    00 trans am,SLP,Ws6

let me tell you i just put a LS3 in my bird and they answered everything i could throw at them........ very good ppl down there they know there $hit

NBM
    1998Z28

I would do stall first and rear gears second. I bet you have the 2.73 rear gears. If your just looking for the lope buy you a HOT CAM and a cutout. They have a nice lope to them.

Thread Information