Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

help not firing on all cylinders

This is a discussion on help not firing on all cylinders within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; has any one ever experianced a bad ground on the head (from the gasket material) causing back feed through the ...

has any one ever experianced a bad ground on the head (from the gasket material) causing back feed through the UCU causing misfires ? I am having fits with some new engines and have been told this could be the problem. Plugs are nut grounding through block but back through plug wires coils and ECU . I am sceptical The heads have big bolts through them into the block. I have changed a lot of parts and have no change. Two motors same problem. engines start but only run on 4 cylinders?
    Regards
    tsheehan

black
    1998 camaro z28

ya its reading 3000 on the cylinders. and yes i did change the wires. took the day off today. will try that tomorrow. thanks knight for all your help

92 LS1 Lumina A4
    00 Formula WS9

Not trying to be a wise guy but....Just wondering if you had the computer tuned after doing the work you've done so far?

I have 3 LSX's, all three have been computer tuned, my Avalanche is all stock but my C5 and Lumina have been modded.
    On both the C5(LS2) and Lumina(LS1) they ran like shit after the Exhaust mods, the C5 ran so Shitty it died when letting the clutch out a few times while cold. The Lumina sounded as if it was running on 4 Cylinders.
    Any Codes showing up?

black
    1998 camaro z28

got it fixed it was the cam censor, it was cracked fkn bitch to do lol. shes running on all 8 now. need a new exhaust system, cats muffler everything whats my best way to go

92 LS1 Lumina A4
    00 Formula WS9

There's many Options on exhaust, I just went through it on mine. I chose Pacesetter Long tubes, No Flange with matching 3 Stainless Inch Y pipe.
    Flowmaster Muffler and mines a bit loud for me.
    You need to find a Tuner as I mentioned above, now that your hitting on all eight and ready to Mod.
    Most Headers don't run CATS, unless you gotta have them get rid of them. When you delete the CATS the Rear O2's can be turned off to keep your SES light out.
    If this car is a 6speed I'd consider the skip shift delete as well.
    Before getting into it try cleaning some things to pick up some power, AIC Motor and Throttle Body. My Cars were filthy when I got it and when the AIC took a crap I was stuck in traffic with a motor running almost 2500rpm.
    Take some time and read through Regular Maintance, as well as Preventitive Maintance.
    Best of Luck and Enjoy the new ride.

black
    1998 camaro z28

good looks

- - - Updated - - -

good looks

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Z34LS1 View Post
    There's many Options on exhaust, I just went through it on mine. I chose Pacesetter Long tubes, No Flange with matching 3 Stainless Inch Y pipe.
    Flowmaster Muffler and mines a bit loud for me.
    You need to find a Tuner as I mentioned above, now that your hitting on all eight and ready to Mod.
    Most Headers don't run CATS, unless you gotta have them get rid of them. When you delete the CATS the Rear O2's can be turned off to keep your SES light out.
    If this car is a 6speed I'd consider the skip shift delete as well.
    Before getting into it try cleaning some things to pick up some power, AIC Motor and Throttle Body. My Cars were filthy when I got it and when the AIC took a crap I was stuck in traffic with a motor running almost 2500rpm.
    Take some time and read through Regular Maintance, as well as Preventitive Maintance.
    Best of Luck and Enjoy the new ride.
    Were on Camaros 98-02 is the AIC located?

check the wire harness plug first
    Last edited by nikkoo; 08-31-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Impounded

yes
    yes

If you want to enhance your car experience you could simply get access to this forum from where you would get relevant information about luxury cars. Plus you could share your experiences as well.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I'm not exactly sure what's going on in this thread, but I've got some theories......

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

black
    2001 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what's going on in this thread, but I've got some theories......
    im impressed. . . . i cant even gather enough to form a theory. lmao extremely entertaining at the least. we have gone from scrapping a motor with a misfire for a 1200hp eng, to cranks causing misfires, to a 3000 difference of something between cylinders. <<< really wanting to learn about that one.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I saw this coming. I have stayed out of it since my second reply, but this is getting out out hand. Here's me trying to be helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    Try unplugging and replugging your coil pack harness. Worked for me when mine was doing the same thing.
    Here's the OP pounding his chest. Who spends a grand to get his car dyno tested. Last time I had mine done, it cost under a $100. And, faggot ass mustangs and chinc-mobiles? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by z28cobrakilla View Post
    Yah all the research I've been doing has been pointing to the coil pack. I spent a G to dyno this car. I talked to a GM Guy and he said it might be the coil pack he. Had seen them out the box be fkd up. So I'm gonna put it on the computer. And see what's up. I want to get 1200hp out of this car and have the chance to buy a motor with 1200hp. So all them faggot ass mustangs a chinc mobiles beware if I do the swap this beast is gonna run the St. Ford sucks
    And me thinking, WOW.
    Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    Good luck with that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2NDSLPSS View Post
    im impressed. . . . i cant even gather enough to form a theory. lmao extremely entertaining at the least. we have gone from scrapping a motor with a misfire for a 1200hp eng, to cranks causing misfires, to a 3000 difference of something between cylinders. <<< really wanting to learn about that one.
    Yes, I have been watching this to see how far it was gonna get.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Well i may as well throw my hat in the ring and ask a question that has nothing to do with this threads original comment....ok......Whats the reason for the red writing under some members info that says ''Infraction 0/1 (16)"?

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Yeah I've been watching this thread also. As soon as I saw the chest-beating and name calling, I chose not to respond. Some of OPs rants/claims make no sense, so I stayed out.

Anyway DM, red ink is when you make an obnoxious/rude comment, or are simply trying to be funny and get misunderstood (me). The mods give you warnings this way, and can ban you if your are too obnoxious.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Yeah I've been watching this thread also. As soon as I saw the chest-beating and name calling, I chose not to respond. Some of OPs rants/claims make no sense, so I stayed out.

Anyway DM, red ink is when you make an obnoxious/rude comment, or are simply trying to be funny and get misunderstood (me). The mods give you warnings this way, and can ban you if your are too obnoxious.
    Thanks i mean i kinda thought thats what it meant,,,lol i do know what an infraction is! In the sense of ...well infractions... Thats good though you need some form of control otherwise some people will just go nuts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information