Silver/Pewter
    2000 C5 Corvette 6psd

help choosing cam and necessary parts

hey guys I have a 2000 c5 m6 with LG street LT's, 178 thermo, tbody bypass, xpipe, borla stingers, hurricane ram air, bigger maf and bigger TB. with a tune Im at 350rwhp right now. I want to swap my stock cam for the biggest streetable cam that would work well. I also need to know what parts (in addition to the cam itself) I should buy. I will be upgrading to a zo6 intake during the install also.
    for the cam, I am thinking a 228/228 112lsa. What do you guys think? What other parts would I need to buy besides the new intake manifold?

Thanks
    Anthony

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by AntsSilverC5 View Post
    hey guys I have a 2000 c5 m6 with LG street LT's, 178 thermo, tbody bypass, xpipe, borla stingers, hurricane ram air, bigger maf and bigger TB. with a tune Im at 350rwhp right now. I want to swap my stock cam for the biggest streetable cam that would work well. I also need to know what parts (in addition to the cam itself) I should buy. I will be upgrading to a zo6 intake during the install also.
    for the cam, I am thinking a 228/228 112lsa. What do you guys think? What other parts would I need to buy besides the new intake manifold?

Thanks
    Anthony
    hey man sounds like your off to a good start! the cam your looking at can be very streetable and even seen some bigger cams than that run on the street with a good tune.
    you'll also need vavle springs and probably pushrods. also ported oil pump and ls2 timing chain are highly recomended
    good luck!

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by AntsSilverC5 View Post

Thanks
    Anthony
    there are bigger cams out there but i would suggest the 228.
    the 228 cam is about the best street cam out there
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Thread Information