Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

heads and cam supporting mods?

This is a discussion on heads and cam supporting mods? within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I just ordered, Cam Springs push rods LS2 timing set. (LS2 chain, cam gear and crank gear) Oil pump valves ...

  1. #21
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    I just ordered,
    Cam
    Springs
    push rods
    LS2 timing set. (LS2 chain, cam gear and crank gear)
    Oil pump
    valves seals(might as well when you in there)
    Also going to need a gasket kit. I think I will order the complete kit including the head gaskets as well.

    Going further, you can order new lifters, Ti retainers, rocker arms.

  2. #22
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    I just ordered,
    Cam
    Springs
    push rods
    LS2 timing set. (LS2 chain, cam gear and crank gear)
    Oil pump
    valves seals(might as well when you in there)
    Also going to need a gasket kit. I think I will order the complete kit including the head gaskets as well.

    Going further, you can order new lifters, Ti retainers, rocker arms.
    trust me, get the MLS head and exhaust gaskets....the MLS exhaust gaskets can be used over and over again and do not blow out like paper gaskets

  3. #23
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    I just looked downstrairs... ANd, all my cam install parts came!

  4. #24
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    must feel like Christmas all over again!

  5. #25
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    must feel like Christmas all over again!
    Better actually. I hate X-mas. I love TA Parts days. !

  6. #26
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    I just looked downstrairs... ANd, all my cam install parts came!
    i was waiting for parts the last time i ordered from summit....i stepped out the back door and tripped over them in the dark

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    illisheim, germany
    Posts
    1

    White
    1999 Camaro Z28

    whats a stall?

  8. #28
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by blackstarzero View Post
    whats a stall?

    A mechanical or hydraulic device for changing the ratio of torque to speed between the input and output shafts of a mechanism. A pair of gears is a mechanical torque converter. A hydraulic torque converter is an automatically and continuously variable torque converter, in contrast to a gear shift, whose torque ratio is changed in steps by an external control. See also Automotive transmission.

    A mechanical torque converter transmits power with only incidental losses; thus, the power, which is the product of torque T and rotational speed N, at input I is substantially equal to the power at output O of a mechanical torque converter, or TINI = kTONO, where k is the efficiency of the gear train. This equal-power characteristic is in contrast to that of a fluid coupling in which input and output torques are equal during steady-state operations. See also Fluid coupling.

    In a hydraulic torque converter, efficiency depends intimately on the angles at which the fluid enters and leaves the blades of the several parts. Because these angles change appreciably over the operating range, k varies, being by definition zero when the output is stalled, although output torque at stall may be three times engine torque for a single-stage converter and five times engine torque for a three-stage converter. Depending on its input absorption characteristics, the hydraulic torque converter tends to pull down the engine speed toward the speed at which the engine develops maximum torque when the load pulls down the converter output speed toward stall.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Dr.Crash; 02-18-2009 at 11:50 AM.

  9. #29
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    damn Crash, that the longest, most technical definition of a stall I've ever heard lol it almost confused me

  10. #30
    Junior Member slp1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    oc/las vegas
    Posts
    79

    pewter
    2000 camaro ss

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    A mechanical or hydraulic device for changing the ratio of torque to speed between the input and output shafts of a mechanism. A pair of gears is a mechanical torque converter. A hydraulic torque converter is an automatically and continuously variable torque converter, in contrast to a gear shift, whose torque ratio is changed in steps by an external control. See also Automotive transmission.

    A mechanical torque converter transmits power with only incidental losses; thus, the power, which is the product of torque T and rotational speed N, at input I is substantially equal to the power at output O of a mechanical torque converter, or TINI = kTONO, where k is the efficiency of the gear train. This equal-power characteristic is in contrast to that of a fluid coupling in which input and output torques are equal during steady-state operations. See also Fluid coupling.

    In a hydraulic torque converter, efficiency depends intimately on the angles at which the fluid enters and leaves the blades of the several parts. Because these angles change appreciably over the operating range, k varies, being by definition zero when the output is stalled, although output torque at stall may be three times engine torque for a single-stage converter and five times engine torque for a three-stage converter. Depending on its input absorption characteristics, the hydraulic torque converter tends to pull down the engine speed toward the speed at which the engine develops maximum torque when the load pulls down the converter output speed toward stall.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    sweet copy and pasting

    Quote Originally Posted by blackstarzero View Post
    whats a stall?
    it helps an auto car launch at a given rpm

  11. #31
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    damn Crash, that the longest, most technical definition of a stall I've ever heard lol it almost confused me
    Hey i hope you didnt think i wrote that!!!!!


    i was to lazy to explain it myself
    Last edited by Dr.Crash; 02-18-2009 at 02:01 PM.

  12. #32
    Junior Member slp1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    oc/las vegas
    Posts
    79

    pewter
    2000 camaro ss

    ^ i was laughing my ass off from that because i just got home from a 2 hour class where my teacher goes on and on rambling about stuff he could explain with one or two simple sentences lol

  13. #33
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by slp1122 View Post
    ^ i was laughing my ass off from that because i just got home from a 2 hour class where my teacher goes on and on rambling about stuff he could explain with one or two simple sentences lol
    That was the "effect" i was going for! ha


    Thank You Google!!!!!!!!

  14. #34
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    here's some more good info

    What stall convertors do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Supporting mods for H&C plus lifter Question
    By Intrepidman in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 12:01 PM
  2. Question: Big Cam, What supporting Mods do i need?
    By 1998 T/A in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 07:31 PM
  3. FS: '99 TA, new 402 ls2 motor and supporting mods.
    By djvaly in forum Cowhands, Local Parts and Fish Bait
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2007, 11:30 AM
  4. supporting mods
    By llcooljosh in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-08-2007, 04:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •