Black

Heads, cam + nitrous???

So the original plan was just to run a zex wet kit for awhile but just lucked out on some 243's and a tsp 228r 588/588 110lsa cam. I'm going to port polish the heads since they have 85k on them. It's Basically a daily cuz I love driving car but don't mind rougher idle and what not cuz I have another vehicle. Now questions, should I keep this cam or should/could I go bigger with those heads? Also Can I still run the spray without issues? I wasn't going to go over 150 shot probably just stay 125. Also what type of pushrods and springs is everyone running with similar set up? Thanks for the help!

Texas Speed sells that cam. Many run it and love it, 11 second cars on motor only out there with it.
    I'd contact them for their recommendation on springs and pushrods since they are the ones familiar with the lobe design of that camshaft. They should know exactly what you need and get the right parts the first time.

85k is enough miles on a set of heads that I'd be taking those to a machine shop and checking guide and valve stem wear, replace what's needed, check the deck surface, new valve job, and have them setup your new springs to the correct installed height with new seals. Only then would I bolt them on any engine of mine.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

stick car or auto? I have that cam on a 114 lsa with PRC 2.5 heads. I run dual springs and stock length moly pushrods. It was enough to put the car in the 11's and still can be driven around town with no problem. The 110 lsa is pretty tight but with a stick car you would be alright. I'll be doing a 100 or 125 shot on mine at some point this winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Black
    Sounds good guys thanks. I'll be contacting Texas speed soon. Also it's an auto car getting that built this winter I was planning on a 4K stall and plan on spending the money for quality do it can keep some driveability.

Thread Information