Thread: heads

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

heads

I'm getting ready to replace my broken LS1 with a LS2 402 stocker and I'm running 12 psi of Procharger boost.I think I have the short block decided,but wondering on the heads - If anyone can compare the Patriot heads,Ls6 heads and the AFR I would be very interested.Seems like the price differants is over $1000.00.Thanks

The LS6 heads are simply production heads from GM,,,,flow is decent out of the box,,,,about 30 cfm more accross the board over your standard LS1 head.
    Has a revised combustion chamber that is more efficient and slightly smaller cc to raise compression 1/2 point. Revised exhaust ports as well with a D shape and flatter floor.

The patriot heads start with the LS6 castings and CNC port them enlarging the inlet runner size and other tricks to gain more CFM. Alot of people like them, while I have heard others are not impressed with the performance,,,but they are cheap compared to others.

AFR is the more expensive brand,,,but this is an entirely new casting created by AFR with many changes,,,,they flow among the best but you also pay top dollar.

Another great head that is overlooked is Trickflow. Everyone knows LS1 heads are 15 degree heads,,,,which is why they work so well to begin with. Everyone also knows the LS7 engines use a 12 degree head for even greater advantages,,,,,well the Trickflow heads are designed with 13 degree valve angles,,,very close to the LS7 design,,,,and are a great option as well. Might be something to look into,,,I have seen more of these being used lately.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

Thanks for the information.Where can I get the trickflows.Again thanks.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I would also look at the L92 heads while you're at it.

Thread Information