Thread: Heads

Red
    2002 SS Camaro

Heads

Hey guys im thinking about getting my heads ported or maybe buying some new ones, i know you are supost to match your heads to your cam but i do not know how to do that. I have the TSP v2 cam with the LSA of 112. what heads would work well wiht this cam or should i just get them ported to save some money im making almost 400 hp at the wheels i would like to get the the 425-450 power range and the heads are the next step.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by meathammer View Post
    Hey guys im thinking about getting my heads ported or maybe buying some new ones, i know you are supost to match your heads to your cam but i do not know how to do that. I have the TSP v2 cam with the LSA of 112. what heads would work well wiht this cam or should i just get them ported to save some money im making almost 400 hp at the wheels i would like to get the the 425-450 power range and the heads are the next step.
    Since you have a Texas Speed cam I would honestly call them and see what the think for a heads choice. Also your budget will have a huge impact on what heads you go with. You can spend anywhere from $400-$3000+

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 02Sweet View Post
    Since you have a Texas Speed cam I would honestly call them and see what the think for a heads choice. Also your budget will have a huge impact on what heads you go with. You can spend anywhere from $400-$3000+

this!!!

and keep in mind you rear gears and transmission gears will come into play at some point... if you went with a large cam you may need different gears and/or a higher stall and that all depends on if you're and a4 or m6 for the gear ratio... if you don't have the supporting suspension mods heads could be an even greater loss of performance due to power beign soaked up... tell us every thing you have done so we can make a better judgement on what your next step would be...

Red
    2002 SS Camaro

The modes on the car are the V2 cam specs on the cam are .595 .598 LSA 112 duration 232 234, UD pulley, LT headers, true duel exhaust x pipe, new MAP, slp lid and knn air filter. I do not have any suspension mods should i do this before heads? also its an M6.

hugger orange

I agree with Spaz,your at the point where you almost need to upgrade your suspension to get the power to the ground. Even if you don't want to spend the money on suspension, you will love it once done.

But back to the heads I'd save for a set of AFRs or trickflows

Red
    2002 SS Camaro

What kind of suspension mods do you recommend i should get.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by meathammer View Post
    What kind of suspension mods do you recommend i should get.
    If you have the money, do it all at the same time, but lower control arm relocation brackets, subframe connectors, shocks and springs.

Thread Information