Red?
    2001 Z28

Head and cam questions

With the questions I'm about to ask, initially, it might seem as though I don't have a tangible buildup plan, but I do have a finishing point in mind. My car is an '01 Z28 that is totally stock, with the exception of a K & N FIPK and a 3400 stall Vig. It currently has 2.73 gears. It's going to be a daily driver, or, more accurately, a "nice weather" driver. Ultimately, I plan to assemble a 400+ inch bottom end, built from the ground up for boost, utilizing the LSX block and a super stout reciprocating assembly. For the time being, I intend to keep it mild. I plan to add a turbo kit in the spring of '08, but I'm in no hurry to build the new motor, because the one in the car now only has 38,000miles. Now, for the questions....
    The next mod I plan to make is 3.73 gears. Is there a cam I can put in this thing now to wake it up, that would also work well with the upcoming turbo setup. Are there a set of heads that will work well on this thing now(with the small bore), that can be opened up enough later, to fullfill the airflow needs of the 400+inch turbo motor that is in this car's future, or should I just stick with the stockers for now. And here's my last question(s):
    I don't wish to install headers now, since they'll be useless in just a couple months when I add the turbo kit, but which cat-back exhaust do you all recommend, and what gains do they typically provide? Thanks alot for your advice!

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

As far as the heads I dont know if you would want to try and put stock bore ported heads on if you plan on going over 400 ci. I would recommend waiting and getting like LQ9 heads or similar for the 400ci.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

Red?
    2001 Z28

Thanks for the advice. I suspected that keeping the stockers for now was the most practical approach.

Thread Information